You don't currently have permission to access...

I had to do a fresh install of windows today, which I've done before without having this problem.

Everything is fine on the drive which I formatted to install (c:) but on my other two drives, windows is prompting me with "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder."

Which works and everything but I could waste a lot of time gaining access to every existing folder.

I would have assumed that it would be a possible issue if I had decided to change my user name, but it's the same as before :s

This is the permissions for one of the folders which has decided to go funky on me:

Permissions%20for%20Videos.png

Seems like theres something wrong here?

No there is nothing wrong - thats how it works.

So your old install accounts had its own unique SIDs for every account.. So if you had setup permissions on this drives from the old OS, then the accounts would have that unique sid that is different from this installed accounts.. Does not matter if same username or not.. The SID is going to be different on a different machine, every time windows is installed it will create a new sid, etc.

This might help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Identifier

Anyway -- notice the unknown accounts how they list the SID, because when the OS looks in its user base it has no idea where those accounts came from -- since they don't match up to his users sids.

Just take ownership, and then set the permission how you want at the root of the drive - and write it down the tree replacing the old permissions.

First time for you ;) Format your USB flash disk ntfs, set some permissions - then plug it into a different windows computer. Look at that unknown users accounts ;)