(UK) Last minute opinion poll!

Who has your vote?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who has your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Other

Well I cannot find anything official? Link?

Really? You can't find anything on national debt on google? :wacko: Disturbing.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=206 is a start! We always owe money, it's how the wheels are greased.

Essentially the government lost restraint around 2002 and dug us into a greater hole than necessary (especially given the expanding economy) - the net effect is things are far worse than they could/would of been. But then this isn't suprising given the level of incompetence Brown himself has shown (e.g. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article1655001.ece ).

The difference for me is that Brown has literally demonstrated he's a financial buffoon - ignoring key advice and blundering on regardless does not a financial genius make.

Vote however you see fit folks, but please do vote*

*but don't vote for the BNP because every BNP vote causes an angel to cry.

whilst i like thge idea of voting for the new guy, their policies dont seem to be well thought out, but i guess we'll see how that fans out........

Already voted Conservative (by post). I'm nowhere near being an activist but I think they're the best (or least worst) of the lot. There's going to be cuts whoever wins, and Labour have had their chance. Plus I'm not willing to take a risk on the Lib Dems as I think it's exactly the wrong time to be squabbling over moving to PR or not when the first priority should be creating jobs and paying down the debt.

I also don't understand the anti-Tory brigades, but I've put that down to the fact I was only born in '88 so all I remember is a Labour government.

Brown when chancellor sold off all our gold reserves at a rock bottom price, now look at how much it's worth now, 5 times more at least.

I wonder what he also did with the pension funds and calling old ladies 'bigots'.

I wonder how many schools, road repairs, hospitals, Universities, homes could be built form all the money wasted on 7+ years of an illegal war and occupation.

Labour are supposed to represent the working class, help the working man and woman get on better, give more opportunity, wrong they came in

and helped the rich and the middle classes.

They lowered income tax so those on higher earnings paid less tax and got richer.

The poor, got poorer.

Ohh minimum wage, what a load of sheeeet that is.

Boss has to lay off staff and have one rather two do the job to pay minimum wage.

I already said in 2005 here the example of a relative.

Earns £145 take home each week. Would get housing and council tax benefit.

Takes home £210 a week, gets £55 less from council tax and housing benefit.

Though most of us would rather pay our way in life fully, a little help should be there to help those less fortunate, however the guy is cream crackered every night due to

the fact he has to do the job 1 man light as the boss cannot now afford (or then) to hire two for the job.

Minimum wage is o.k. if you're 19 live at home with your parents and have no expenses other than a few monies to your parents for board.

If you have a family it changes.

Look at the guy yesterday on the TV, Manish Sood, I would vote for him as I agree 100% with him.

Really? You can't find anything on national debt on google? :wacko: Disturbing.

http://www.statistic...gget.asp?id=206 is a start! We always owe money, it's how the wheels are greased.

Essentially the government lost restraint around 2002 and dug us into a greater hole than necessary (especially given the expanding economy) - the net effect is things are far worse than they could/would of been. But then this isn't suprising given the level of incompetence Brown himself has shown (e.g. http://www.timesonli...icle1655001.ece ).

The difference for me is that Brown has literally demonstrated he's a financial buffoon - ignoring key advice and blundering on regardless does not a financial genius make.

Vote however you see fit folks, but please do vote*

*but don't vote for the BNP because every BNP vote causes an angel to cry.

We can all take from statistics how we want, I accept my perception was wrong prior to the recession. I could point out from that graph that even after until 2007 the debt was still substantially less than what they inherited in 1997 even after several years of borrowing and investing massively into building new schools new hospitals and suchlike. Yes of course we can quote closing statistics, but they need to be in conjunction with opening new statistics. Which is rarely done.

It is funny how the UK people think Brown is absolutely useless when it comes to finances, especially since that's all the newspapers have said for at least two years. And they always right..... but the IMF and many international monetary organisations economic forecasters other said he was one of the few people that he prevented a global depression.

I would never vote BNP.

lol ever heard of political sabotage?

Regarding the rest of your post we can all do sound bites.

Re: the gap between rich and poor getting bigger. Welcome to a reality. In good times the rich will get richer and because it's relevant to what you already have their income will grow faster although they are taxed substantially more (unless of course you keep the safe havens which the Conservatives want to) not to mention their inheritance tax policy for the rich. The less well-off will simply grow at a slower pace. Ultimately this is because most of the time they are happy with what they've got or they blame somebody else for what they haven't or they lack ambition and determination.

There is nothing stopping most people achieving more than what they've already got.

Ohh minimum wage, what a load of sheeeet that is.

Boss has to lay off staff and have one rather two do the job to pay minimum wage.

Minimum wage is o.k. if you're 19 live at home with your parents and have no expenses other than a few monies to your parents for board.

When the minimum wage came in unemployment did not rise, living standards did.

I was against the minimum wage when it came in, because of rising unemployment but I was wrong it did not happen. It showed the employers could afford to pay their staff more and chose not to be for the minimum wage.

You moan about minimum wage on one sentence, and then on the next sentence you moan it is not high enough.

lol ever heard of political sabotage?

Regarding the rest of your post we can all do sound bites.

Re: the gap between rich and poor getting bigger. Welcome to a reality. In good times the rich will get richer and because it's relevant to what you already have their income will grow faster although they are taxed substantially more (unless of course you keep the safe havens which the Conservatives want to) not to mention their inheritance tax policy for the rich. The less well-off will simply grow at a slower pace. Ultimately this is because most of the time they are happy with what they've got or they blame somebody else for what they haven't or they lack ambition and determination.

There is nothing stopping most people achieving more than what they've already got.

There is, as people are prejudice against certain minority groups.

That could include ethnic minorities, homosexual and working class to name a few.

When the minimum wage came in unemployment did not rise, living standards did.

I was against the minimum wage when it came in, because of rising unemployment but I was wrong it did not happen. It showed the employers could afford to pay their staff more and chose not to be for the minimum wage.

You moan about minimum wage on one sentence, and then on the next sentence you moan it is not high enough.

You need to learn to read, I did not moan about it not being high enough.

Ohh minimum wage, what a load of sheeeet that is. Boss has to lay off staff and have one rather two do the job to pay minimum wage.

Labour created jobs that didn't need to be created.

Which is it, they got people fired or created jobs ?

Which is it, they got people fired or created jobs ?

Government employment (which is paid for out of our taxes) is what I was referring to with respect to jobs being created that were not needed.

Like managers in the NHS, Tsars, advisors, researchers and people employed to pick up faeces from the elephant outside the elephant and castle shopping centre Walworth Road london.

People that ran a business especially on tight budgets is with respect to minimum wage.

Now do you understand?

It's hard enough for me to vote for any of the lying, cheating scumbags in politics in the 1st place, but I will be tomorrow. Probably UKIP.

Lib Dems for me, used to be a labour guy but they are turning just to much into the Tories.

And I just don't like Cameron or the policies... And well that also goes without saying for BNP, UKIP, Green, etc...

David.

It's hard enough for me to vote for any of the lying, cheating scumbags in politics in the 1st place, but I will be tomorrow. Probably UKIP.

UKIP MEPs are well known for how much they take in expenses, several have even been prosecuted.

Your leader nearly died in a plane crash today.

I have an inkling Belgium are involved in sabotage and the crash affecting Farage.

Lib Dem.

libdem.jpg

That is quite funny.

Clarkson hates Labour he called them all ''gay'' in the gay means stupid sense.

I voted conservative but I really want Lib Dems to win.

I only voted them because they have more chance at winning than Lib Dems.

I don't want Labour to win again.