Blu-Ray Player

So I'm looking to get a blu-ray player soon. But I'm not sure what to get.

I was at BestBuy tonight and just looking at what they had and spotted a Toshiba DBX2000, it had BD-live 2.0, TruHD, 7,1 Surround sound etc. for $120. They also had a few Sony ones for $150.

What do you guys recommend getting, what's a good one for under $200 and just plays Blu-Ray well, the BD-live is cool but will I use it?

Thanks

Get the Sony BDP-S360. This thing hasn't had a single problem since I bought it three months ago. It even has no trouble playing the infamous "Avatar" BD.... and I say "infamous" because many players are having problems playing that movie and will require a firmware update.

Get the Sony BDP-S360. This thing hasn't had a single problem since I bought it three months ago. It even has no trouble playing the infamous "Avatar" BD.... and I say "infamous" because many players are having problems playing that movie and will require a firmware update.

Really? I haven't heard anything on the "Avata" problem but cool. I will check that one out. Thanks for the fast response :)

Just bought my parents a Song BluRay player for $150, obviously needing HDMI or you're just buying an expensive DVD player. Looked great, SIMPLE setup, PS3 style media menus when a disc isn't in use. I recommend it.

EDIT: Its $130 Sony BluRay player

the Sony BDP-360, customer reviews on BB seems to be bad. Most have had theirs die with in the first 2-3 months :/

the Sony BDP-360, customer reviews on BB seems to be bad. Most have had theirs die with in the first 2-3 months :/

Guess they will find out, lol well its a great working / looking player so far ;) and not being a technical douche but if it makes a difference its a BDPS360

Hmm. Aside from a few negative reviews, most of them seem to be pretty good. I have that player and it's still working great after being used very actively for 3 months now. The Sony Blu-ray players are probably the most rock solid BD players on the market. Your choice.

Guess they will find out, lol well its a great working / looking player so far ;) and not being a technical douche but if it makes a difference its a BDPS360

Oh, I know. I know that people sometimes get lemons, it just happens. It looks like a nice Blu-ray player. I might check it out tomorrow at BB. How does this thing get updates without BD-Live?

Oh, I know. I know that people sometimes get lemons, it just happens. It looks like a nice Blu-ray player. I might check it out tomorrow at BB. How does this thing get updates without BD-Live?

It certainly sounds like they got a lemon. One of the reviewers at Best Buy's site said, "Died within 4 months, just like the Sony DVD player I had."

Funny! I have a 3 year old Sony Upconverting DVD player and that's also been problem-free.

If players like these have a couple of negative reviews, take them with a grain of salt. However, if you look at the Samsung players and see TONS of negative reviews, then don't take them with a grain of salt.

It certainly sounds like they got a lemon. One of the reviewers at Best Buy's site said, "Died within 4 months, just like the Sony DVD player I had."

Funny! I have a 3 year old Sony Upconverting DVD player and that's also been problem-free.

If players like these have a couple of negative reviews, take them with a grain of salt. However, if you look at the Samsung players and see TONS of negative reviews, then don't take them with a grain of salt.

That's what I've been thinking, Sony was the creator of the Blu-ray, starting with the PS3. Samsung makes good TV's but that's about it. So you're right, I'll take them with a grain of salt.

But what about the Updates? Just curious.

You can update by burning a CD or by hooking your player up using the ethernet port.

My bad, didn't read all the specs good to know. Thanks guys.