[Poll] Do you own a blu-ray player?

218 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a Blu-Ray player?

• Yes
    • No, but will this year
    • No, no plans to buy one
  2. 2. How many movies do you have on Blu-Ray?

• 0-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-20
    • 21-40
    • 41-60
    • 61-100
    • 100+

Simple question, do you own a blu-ray player? This includes a stand-alone or Blu-Ray driver in your PC/laptop or PS3.

Also, how many movies on blu-ray do you currently have in our collection?

Sony BDP-S550... got something like 25 movies on Blu Ray now. Any new film I buy, I try and make sure it's Blu Ray - and have been going back and re-buying some favourites on Blu Ray, where I had only got the original DVD release versions (in the card back boxes) such as The Matrix and Lost Boys :)

Love Blu Ray. It's awesome :)

Yes, standalone and I own around 15 movies and two TV series (Dexter and Planet Earth).

I think everyone owns Planet Earth.. except me :( I want it bad tho

I think everyone owns Planet Earth.. except me :( I want it bad tho

Its excellent. I'll be picking up Life as well when it comes out next month.

I use a PS3. The only Blu-Ray disc I personally own is 'In the Name Of the King' (crap Uwe Boll film)

I don't have Planet Earth, but I do have Life...on DVD :p (Which is amazing btw)

I have 2 Blu Ray players. actually. PS3 and a Samsung one. PS3 for my room and the Samsung in the Living room. the Samsung came with a deal with the TV.. soo.. that's how I managed 2. I have around 10 Blu Ray movies.

Nope, no plans to buy either. The ability to resell movies is the only advantage over download services that I would be interested in, but I never sold any of my DVDs or VHS tapes anyway so I'm not really missing out on anything.

I had a bluray player and now I have a ps3 too, but I only own 4-5 movies. I don't see much point in buying if I can rent it for $1-2.

PS3 and about 5 or 6 Blu-rays. i don't buy any anymore since I can get em on Netflix now.

Yup, I do netflix myself. I cut out cable TV all together... :)

iv got a ps3 and the films wolverine, the dark knight (they came with the ps3) and pandorum.

im only getting films that are really good action/thriller films on blue ray, no point getting crap films!

PS3. T1, T2, Bourne Trilogy, Avatar. Everything looks good on my nice new 50" plasma. :woot: