Nintendo DS Emulation

I just checked out the newest version of DeSmuME 0.9.5

http://desmume.org/

Thus far 100% compatibility with what I've thrown at it at full speed.

Just remember you have to own the game that you play on it :whistle:

Give it a try, I think you won't be disappointed

One tweak I would do is click on config / 3d settings / and set renderer from OpenGL to SoftRasterizer that gets rid of what little graphic glitches I saw and my frame rate wasn't affected.

Looks good, but you have to bear in mind, the ROM's which you have will 96% of the time be more suitable for flashcarts. They were not made to be run on a PC xD

Hate to tell ya but roms are illegal, even if you already own the game.

So i can go to jail for owning roms?

I dont think so.

So i can go to jail for owning roms?

I dont think so.

Technically yes.

I seriously doubt you would, but if for whatever reason the police did bother taking it up, then you would have no legal defence.

No i would get a slap on the wrist and a possible fine for copyright infringement but as far as im concerned if i own the cart i will do what i want with the contents short of selling it or sharing the rom.

No i would get a slap on the wrist and a possible fine for copyright infringement but as far as im concerned if i own the cart i will do what i want with the contents short of selling it or sharing the rom.

Sadly what the law says and what you think are different things.

Believe it or not, here in the UK it is still against the law to rip CD's to your computer and put them on your MP3 player. Of course, no one will get prosecuted for it, but it is still technically illegal.

Again, it won't happen, but technically you could be prosecuted for using ROMS. I'm not sure of the detail in the law regarding copyright, but if that law says a prison sentence is allowed, then you could, in theory, be jailed for it.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you play the games that require the touch screen? I know there were more than a few things that required the touch screen in Zelda :PH??

How do you play the games that require the touch screen? I know there were more than a few things that required the touch screen in Zelda :PH??

I would imagine it would involve the cursor but then it would be awkward. :p

Hate to tell ya but roms are illegal, even if you already own the game.

Really, lucky I live in Australia where personal backups are legal :whistle: :laugh: Thanks op will give it a spin tonight.

I hate to break it to the OP but... DS games have been playable on emulators at full speeds for quite a long time now.

As for Desmume... It isn't bad, but can drop frames in situations that NO$GBA 2.6a(another ds emu) would not. Not sure if that's changed in the recent 0.9.6 release of desmume though. Also, Certain games do have some slight compatibility issues. Regardless of emulator or version.

The Mouse acts as the stylus on the bottom half of the window. Simply click(and then drag if the game requires).

I hate to break it to the OP but... DS games have been playable on emulators at full speeds for quite a long time now.

As for Desmume... It isn't bad, but can drop frames in situations that NO$GBA 2.6a(another ds emu) would not. Not sure if that's changed in the recent 0.9.6 release of desmume though. Also, Certain games do have some slight compatibility issues. Regardless of emulator or version.

The Mouse acts as the stylus on the bottom half of the window. Simply click(and then drag if the game requires).

No $ has not have an official update in forever. Just tested out x64 of 0.9.6 and both rune factory 1 and 2 and Zelda ST run pretty well. It runs a lot better on my AMD x4 630 then the Dual Core AMD 4200+. Right now it mainly focuses on compatibility but I think that when version 1.0 comes out it will be running really smooth all the time.

Oh and using Magnification Filter HQ2xS plus 1.5X screen size kicks the DSi XL to the ground. It does for DS what Dolphin did for Gamecube/Wii in terms of Higher Definition and Eye Candy. Now if I only had a Touch Screen.

No $ has not have an official update in forever.

True. But even as old as it is, its performance and compatibility is still rather good(and it can get a little better with the couple of bug fixes and features addons like no$zoomer bring to it).

True. But even as old as it is, its performance and compatibility is still rather good(and it can get a little better with the couple of bug fixes and features addons like no$zoomer bring to it).

Um No, NO$GBA's compatibly and performance sucks horse **** compared to this emulator, and that's saying it kindly.

For me, on multiple computers, even Pokemon on the newest x64 of Desmume runs slowly (surprisingly, it worked fine on the first run but not any afterwards).

Um No, NO$GBA's compatibly and performance sucks horse **** compared to this emulator, and that's saying it kindly.

Really? And i take it that's why no$ can run games with fullspeed on a mid~ range pc without much trouble(and with no issues no$zoomer can't fix), Where as desmume requires a pretty high spec pc and nearly as much power as pcsx2 requires to not slow down?

For me, on multiple computers, even Pokemon on the newest x64 of Desmume runs slowly (surprisingly, it worked fine on the first run but not any afterwards).

Yep. The pokemon games are just a couple of the [many] titles that can slow down on desmume.