.bat

is there anyway i can make a bat file that will erase the temporary internet files? it has got some sort of protection on it and i havent been able to figure out if it's possible. anyone know?

unless i'm completely on crack, couldn't you just make a bat file with the following line?

del x:\path\to\TIF\folder\*.* ?

example:

del "c:\documents and settings\toxikk\local settings\temporary internet files\*.*"

Can you show us what you have so far in the script?

The easiest way would be to use cleanmgr instead of deleting the files:

Start > Run > cleanmgr /sageset 3

Then check the box "Temporary internet files". In the batch file, add the line:

cleanmgr /sagerun 3

If you still want to do it manually (using del, etc) see here and here.

is there anyway i can make a bat file that will erase the temporary internet files? it has got some sort of protection on it and i havent been able to figure out if it's possible. anyone know?

Optional:

Internet Explorer ===> Tools ===> Internet Options ===> Advanced ===> Security ===> Empty Temporary Internet Files Folder when browser is closed (check the box, hit ok)

This will destory your temp files when you close IE.

Maybe this is helpful for you too. :)

del "c:\documents and settings\toxikk\local settings\temporary internet files\*.*"

that's not going to work becuase in inside of "temp inet files" is bunch of dirs.

deltree instead of del might work tho

that's not going to work becuase in inside of "temp inet files" is bunch of dirs.

deltree instead of del might work tho

yep... deltree just type all the dir's you want to clear...

I always just had surfpal clear all that ****e when I close browser... did the job good too...