• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

DJOuk    0

I have been pondering if I should upgrade to 4 gigs of Ram. I currently have 2gb and can buy 4gb at a price of ?88 on Crucial. I am just wondering if this is worth it or not? Anyone seen big improvements after doing something similar?

I was playing APB on Bootcamp and it said I should have more than 2.5 gig but how important is RAM when playing games? :s

Cheers.

crazzyyfool    29

It will be well worth the money. The extra 2GB will make the world of difference.

• Like 1

Billus    137

Not super important, 2gb is enough for most games I suppose. What ram are you using though?

REM2000    145

i would upgrade, even using the other 2GB for caching purposes speeds up the machine a lot (i.e the ram is used when copying files, apps remain in memory when closed until the memory is needed etc..)

I upgraded my iMac 2GHZ Core Duo2 from 2GB to 4GB and did notice an overall speed up with every day functions. When performing video compression the extra memory really came in handy.

dolby71    0

Yes. Upgrade.

Sulphy    1,467

?88 for 2Gb???? that is pricey! I got 4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz Corsair RAM for ?80.......

but more ram does make a huge difference! Remember to run x64 OS tho... otherwise, you arent going to see the full 4Gb....

+devHead    2,131

?88 for 2Gb???? that is pricey! I got 4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz Corsair RAM for ?80.......

but more ram does make a huge difference! Remember to run x64 OS tho... otherwise, you arent going to see the full 4Gb....

I think he said that he could get 4 GB for 88 pounds.

Sulphy    1,467

I think he said that he could get 4 GB for 88 pounds.

mkay! :) gotit! :)

espionix    0

I got 4GB of Crucial from eBuyer for my 09 MPB a few months back for ?50 =/ Prices have gone up :pinch:

c3ntury    133

I think it is worth it yes, I myself have 4GB of RAM and I don't even go over 60% - even when playing CoDMW2 on max settings, with several windows in the background.