Will i destroy my setup?

testroom_9    0

hi all,

basically im moving into a new house and i realised that the radiator is on the wall i need to put my media stuff!

my tv/ mdeia display is basically a large rectangle made from four of these: click arranged 2 at the sides, one on the bottom and one on the top....

there is some MDF on the back which covers the hole in the middle on which the TV is mounted (hope you still follow)

i have a PS3, sky,switch box and wii, 5.1 control + sub in the bottom horisontal book case..

basically i want to know if putting that lot (remembering its got a fairly thick MDF board blocking the back from front) infront of a radiator would cause issues?

all of the wires to connect the lot (and there's hundeds are on the back ....

thanks in advance :)

Southern Patriot    974

basically i want to know if putting that lot (remembering its got a fairly thick MDF board blocking the back from front) infront of a radiator would cause issues?

:rolleyes:

I'd say putting that in front of the radiator is a VERY BAD IDEA. The whole point of the radiator is to RADIATE HEAT into the room. By putting that setup in front of it, all of its heat is going to be going straight into your gear, and very little will actually make it into your room.

Either rearrange the room so your stuff isn't in front of the radiator, or put your entertainment center in another room. You are setting yourself up for a bunch of destroyed gear and possibly a fire hazard.

Phenom II    104

I killed a 5.1 Surround amp and sub by leaving it infront of the radiator, not sure about yours but mine had a heatsink on the back, which turned into a radiator because of where it was

testroom_9    0

hmm, well this it really the only place it can go, i guess i can turn it off over the summer months but maybe move the radiator later to the corner of the room...

it a pain in the ass but my HT comes first!