• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

I'm a forum admin/moderator/news/dev staff, ask me a question

.Markus    194

Hmm... only been registered for 8 years 5 months... I can remember being here longer... didn't we lose the members database someone near the beginning?

I reckon we should include the good old members that joined in '02 as well, I feel really ancient in here and a badge or similar would actually prove that... whistle.giftongue.gif

Techno_Funky    19

I always wondered what Neobond and other staff members do apart from handling Neowin, like for a living.

DavidM    329

I always wondered what Neobond and other staff members do apart from handling Neowin, like for a living.

Wow, that's a good question. I don't think it's ever crossed my mind, but now that you mentioned it, it makes me curious about it as well.

Hum    6,933

^ Neobond repairs computers and taste-tests beer. :laugh:

Nicholas-c    37

Me, At the moment just neowin :p I walked out of my job 3 weeks ago lol I was an assistant manager in a supermarket though. Used to telling people off ;)

thechronic    185
That's an interesting point because one of our MVCs - warwagon - used to conduct 'Meet the Staff' podcasts, asking various questions similar to the questions you suggested. It would be cool if they were started up again. I'll see if I can find links to all the previous episodes for you (some of them are interviews with people who are no longer staff though).

please do! :)

shakey    1,127

I don't tend to get too personal with peeps on Neowin (either from before being a mod or after). I usually develop an affinity to some of our misunderstood (but basically good) members. At least the ones that are polite about it.

There have been members for whom I have privately campaigned against their bannage but have eventually given over to the majority when all of my cards had been played.

Coward! :p

Are there days when you just go, what the hell are we doing here and think of shutting it down?

Are there any Forum topics you wish you could just totally hide, get rid of, or whatever so they don't show up and aren't discussed?

Brian M.    778

I'm personally a second year undergrad (Computer Science) at King's College London. As for a living, I do general web design/programming, manage networks/servers for various companies and provide general IT contracts to those companies. In the next few months I'm going to be including consumer hosting/servers (opening up a new branch of the business to deal with these) and I'm also going to start taking on more support contracts and either hire people to deal with them (not too sure, may be too much red tape) or start outsourcing.

Colin-uk    135

I dont have a full time job, yet.

Are there any Forum topics you wish you could just totally hide, get rid of, or whatever so they don't show up and aren't discussed?

most religious topics.

shakey    1,127

I'm personally a second year undergrad (Computer Science) at King's College London. As for a living, I do general web design/programming, manage networks/servers for various companies and provide general IT contracts to those companies. In the next few months I'm going to be including consumer hosting/servers (opening up a new branch of the business to deal with these) and I'm also going to start taking on more support contracts and either hire people to deal with them (not too sure, may be too much red tape) or start outsourcing.

As long as you stick with just like 1 to 3 people, there should be no red tape, at least that is how it is in USA. Not sure about your region. But normally, a business consisting of just 1 to 3 employees falls under/behind labor laws, as you really are not big enough to be "taped". Like I said, may be different in Europe, but in America, small businesses can get away with a ton and are not restricted by much.

Simon    177

The staff is all over the place, as you've probably seen already. Personally, I'm in my last year of high school - one of the younger staffers, but not the youngest by quite a bit - planning on going into university next year. Ultimately I plan on being a software engineer.

gigapixels    99

I'm just a student. Going to school for a computer science degree.

For a while I worked at Circuit City as one of the computer techs, but I decided it would be better to just focus on school.

Stephen    38

Well, I'm also a student like the others, at Huddersfield Uni, second year studying Software Development. I used to be the most northern staffer, i still could be :p

on the side i work part time as a costumer advisor at B&Q :p

Barney T.    2,355

Neowin Old Timer titles. wheelchair.gif

:cry:

I am a Registered Nurse. And I work out like a fiend when I am off.... :woot:

Stephen    38

I am a Registered Nurse. And I work out like a fiend when I am off.... :woot:

yeah, he's neowin's security guard :p

Growled    3,881

I'm the computer guy at a small (150 employees) wood/plastic manufacture. I use to work for a huge corporation, in IT, and the main extend of my job was to take care of the secretaries whines. I hated it. My wife and I moved back to her small hometown and I love my job. I also am learning production scheduling and learning to write G-code for our CNC router.

Techno_Funky    19

Wow! thaks a lot guys for replying to my query :)

bdsams    365

Im a financial auditor and I am also in school pursuing my MBA

Fred Derf    217

most religious topics.

Yes, the religious threads bother me the most. A very high potential for eye-rolling and quiet dismissal.

PL_    19

I'm just finishing up at A-level college. Assuming I get the grades I'll be going to Queen Mary University of London in September to study English. I also work part time in a coffee shop.

The staff is all over the place, as you've probably seen already. Personally, I'm in my last year of high school - one of the younger staffers, but not the youngest by quite a bit - planning on going into university next year. Ultimately I plan on being a software engineer.

Yeah, I'm younger than you by a few months :(

RoomKid    15

Who is the youngest staff :D

Nicholas-c    37

Who is the youngest staff :D

19 here, I have a feeling Mike Brown is the youngest.

PL_    19

19 here, I have a feeling Mike Brown is the youngest.

Joshua Seed is 15.