I'm a forum admin/moderator/news/dev staff, ask me a question

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am having trouble setting the Neowin member badge as my signature. The instructions say, click on the image to set it, but that does not work. But if I drag it into the signature editing area, it shows up. But then when I save changes, it does not show up.

Hi. I am having trouble setting the Neowin member badge as my signature. The instructions say, click on the image to set it, but that does not work. But if I drag it into the signature editing area, it shows up. But then when I save changes, it does not show up.

Here:

58111.png

Add the code below to your sig manually.

[img=http://www.imgftw.net/Neowin/58111.png]

Question for the news staff: who retains copyright on the pieces you submit? Are they yours to submit to other sites, or does Neowin become the owner of any work you submit the second you submit it?

What I'm actually wondering is, what's stopping you submitting the same piece to multiple sites, and it being accepted by multiple sites, thereby earning you as an individual more cash (for the sites that pay) but possibly making Neowin look like it's taking the stories from elsewhere?

Question for the news staff: who retains copyright on the pieces you submit? Are they yours to submit to other sites, or does Neowin become the owner of any work you submit the second you submit it?

What I'm actually wondering is, what's stopping you submitting the same piece to multiple sites, and it being accepted by multiple sites, thereby earning you as an individual more cash (for the sites that pay) but possibly making Neowin look like it's taking the stories from elsewhere?

Unless otherwise agreed upon, Neowin retains the copyright for paid articles.

My question is how does one become a neowin dev? Are there "favors" involved or what?

My question is how does one become a neowin dev? Are there "favors" involved or what?

If there's an urgent need for new developers, you'll most likely see an announcement in this subforum or as a news posting. An example is here.

• 3 weeks later...

One random question i've wondered. How do you (or any staff) deal with press attention? As I see news often is sourced back to here

Is it true that someone that use to be in 1911 is a mod here?

yes.

Can't remember who right now, but i could find out in 10 seconds.

He served jail time as well.

EDIT:

wikipedia entry

On June 22, 2006, Razor 1911 started releasing games again. They have been releasing games fairly consistently ever since, and as of 2010 are among the most prolific groups at cracking new releases.[4][5]

Shane Pitman is no longer involved with the group and has a prominent role on the Neowin.net forums, most notably as part of their moderating and news posting team.[2]

• 3 weeks later...