Best Home theater Brand

Best Home theater Brand  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

still1

Title says it all. If it is others please specify it by posting.

Marshall

When it comes to audio, Bose is with the way to go. As for Tv's I'd go for LG or Phillips.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
goji

Bose? lol

If your talking serious home theater you have to add:

Denon

Klipsch

Def Tech

Infinity

Marantz

Oppo

Pioneer

Emotiva

Mirage

Parasound

Just to name a few, in addition to categorizing what is it your "rating." There is no true all in one home theater product/experience. The "best" don't play by those rules.

Grex

There really no best that spans all categories.

My current favs: (this changes often)

Tv: panasonic

Recievers/sound processors: onkyo, lexicon (splurge buy)

Speakers: Klipsch, B&W (splurge buy)

Glen

With the exception of picture and sound clarity, it's really a personal thing. You'll likely get a number of responses for certain popular name brands, but ultimately, it's up to you to decide what looks and sounds good to you.

macel

Really depends on what part of the home theater we are talking about, no single manufacturer has a fully competitive package.

Onkyo for receivers

Emotiva for power amps

Oppo for Blu-ray/DVD players

Samsung for TVs

and too many to list offhand for speakers/subs

sask

When it comes to audio, Bose is with the way to go. As for Tv's I'd go for LG or Phillips.

I really really hope you are not being serious.... Bose? Really? hahaha...

Saul Goodman

I've only bought gear 11 years apart as the HT gears lasts... I just had to upgrade :yes: I've always been happy with Yamaha receivers and B&W speakers (not B&W subwoofer).

• 1 month later...
MrKuro

TV - Pioneer Elite PRO-141 60" (hands down best)

Speakers.. lots of great companies; Kef, B&W, SVS, etc

Receiver.. Pioneer Elite SC series (I love my new SC-37) .. also Denon makes some great machines

cork1958

With the exception of picture and sound clarity, it's really a personal thing. You'll likely get a number of responses for certain popular name brands, but ultimately, it's up to you to decide what looks and sounds good to you.

Exactly!!

These type questions on forums always blow me away. How is somebody else supposed to know your tastes and preferences?

Bose is one of the most over rated companies in the history of mankind though!!

• 2 weeks later...
Boz

Not sure what you mean by what's Best Home Theater Brand?

If you are talking about HTiBs, Onkyo is pretty awesome. I wouldn't buy anything else.

If you are talking about speakers my favorites are Definitive Tech and Klipsch.

If you are talking about receivers Denon, though Pioneer Elite AVRs are really sweet.

For DVD and Blu-ray players Oppo is my prefered one though I like Denon ones a lot.

For Projectors I do like Sony over Panasonic (I have Sony) for consumer level ones (they are like mid-range). Epson is great for full bright, super saturated picture so if you game that's a good one. In the high end dept. Yamaha is pretty damn good with Runco as the cream of the crop.

For TVs, Panasonic plasmas absolutely rule. Pioneer Elite was the best plasma set hands down, but they are not manufactured anymore. Panasonic now is doing some magic.

If you are talking LED, Samsung leads the pack. The picture on the newest ones is just simply stunning.

RedtimberedHound

:alien: It sure sucks when you dont see a movie in theater and you cant experience it like you would in a theater and you have to watch it in the lame TV im getting that **** you call Home theater. :) :alien: :alien: :alien:

epk

No one recommended Sharp for TVs? they're great ! Tho Samsungs are pretty good too.

The PS3 works great as a blu-ray and also as an upscaling DVD player.

No idea for audio tho :huh:

x-scratch

denon for devices polk for speakers

Singh400

Worth mentioning that things sometime differ greatly for US and UK AV markets.

e-berlin.org

Wilson Audio, Sonance Kayak, Kharma and Marten