100 Year Pill may be available in 2 years

I'll believe it when I see it. They've been promising these miracle drugs for years and no one has delivered them yet.

^this.

Found: genes that let you live to 100

SCIENTISTS have discovered the ?Methuselah? genes whose lucky carriers have a much improved chance of living to 100 even if they indulge in an unhealthy lifestyle.

The genes appear to protect people against the effects of smoking and bad diet and can also delay the onset of age-related illnesses such as cancer and heart disease by up to three decades.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/biology_evolution/article7127753.ece

Good news, we all can live to look like this

rachel_100.jpg

This goes hand in hand with the article submitted not to long ago, regarding the pharma companies debuting new age deifying pills that allow an individual to live beyond the 100 year mark.

But, your photo def. puts this into perspective. If only they could 'reverse' those affects, perhaps more people would pay up. I don't necessarily think that I would want to live that way.

Basically, when we start to develop these drugs that generation will live forever. say you're 60 years old when live to 100 years pill comes out, then they've got 40 years to find the new jump, then have that time to develop the next drug.

This goes hand in hand with the article submitted not to long ago, regarding the pharma companies debuting new age deifying pills that allow an individual to live beyond the 100 year mark.

But, your photo def. puts this into perspective.??If only they could 'reverse' those affects, perhaps more people would pay up. I don't necessarily think that I would want to live that way.

Yeah, and this also:

The New York Nursing Home Abuse issue has brought forward a disturbing problem which has been reported nationwide. The shocking National Elder Abuse Incidence Study released in Sept 2008 has revealed that only 9% of all nursing homes and foster care centers are running according to the standards laid down by the government. But residents at the rest of the Nursing Homes have experienced physical and sexual abuse, neglect of medical care, emotional trauma and other ailments which have even resulted in death

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Nursing-Home-Scandal-And-Litigation

Happens all over the globe. Here in France it's everyone's biggest nightmare to end up in a nursing home.

Basically, when we start to develop these drugs that generation will live forever. say you're 60 years old when live to 100 years pill comes out, then they've got 40 years to find the new jump, then have that time to develop the next drug.

sure, but what do we do with 6 trillion people? Build japanese style hotels miles high?

before you post some dumb ass picture, read the whole thing.

Michelle Mitchell of Age UK said: ?Ageing is a natural part of life. The key is to ensure that we do not simply extend life but extend the years of healthy life so that people can enjoy, not endure, their later years.?

"The Church" is a phrase used to represent most christian/catholic-based relgions.

"Most" religions are based around the idea of a life, death, afterlife plan. This put's a nice little delay into the mix.

Further questions?

Christian and, or Catholic based religion? :huh:

There's no way governments will allow this to make it to market. They'll go to any lengths to suppress this. The population boom on Earth would be unmanageable, not enough food or housing, etc. etc. Look at China, they're already bursting at the seams.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it and even if this little pill isn't for real I'm convinced the technology exists to eradicate cancer and every other major disease, but are being withheld by our governments and other powerful organizations. The AMA and pharmaceutical companies for sure, because they would go bankrupt if disease were eradicated. So let's see what really happens. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

There's no way governments will allow this to make it to market. They'll go to any lengths to suppress this. The population boom on Earth would be unmanageable, not enough food or housing, etc. etc. Look at China, they're already bursting at the seams.

There Is no food shortage on earth..there is just giant food resource mismanagement. Just look how many useless products there are in store.

Anyway i would love to live until 2083...or even 2100 :D

so wait... they invented a pill to help people live to 100 but they cannot as of yet cure aids or cancer? am i missing something here? :blink:

so wait... they invented a pill to help people live to 100 but they cannot as of yet cure aids or cancer? am i missing something here? :blink:

There IS a cure for cancer.

Big Pharma says no.

There IS a cure for cancer.

Big Pharma says no.

well of course, let people suffer so the big wigs can get richer. and i wouldnt call chemo or radiation a cure, if thats what your saying.

well of course, let people suffer so the big wigs can get richer. and i wouldnt call chemo or radiation a cure, if thats what your saying.

DCA is the cure.

Don't worry medicine will not provide what it claims but one thing it will certainly provide ...... and that is money to these big greedy pharma companies. I prefer to die at my ripe age rather than living endlessly with all these crimes, terrorism and bad thing happening everywhere.

before you post some dumb ass picture, read the whole thing.

Michelle Mitchell of Age UK said: "Ageing is a natural part of life. The key is to ensure that we do not simply extend life but extend the years of healthy life so that people can enjoy, not endure, their later years."

Sure, like that's going to happen. If you'd dug into the matter you'd found out that the 'methusalem' gene only let's you live longer it doesn't say nothing about the quality of life.

Reality bites, as the picture shows.

My deceased wife was chef de clinique of a retirement home. I can assure you, the only ones that age and enjoy it are people with some form of dementia. She had a patient who was 112, she just lost her last child to natural causes at the age 78. Not that she would know because she was drinking tea in a salon with her friends somewhere in the early 19th century. The caretaker always had to set out tea for 4 else she'd get upset.

and they still cant figure out how to stop a man from going bald.

Sure that's very easy. Just get a castration when you still have all your hair? :x

Sure, like that's going to happen. If you'd dug into the matter you'd found out that the 'methusalem' gene only let's you live longer it doesn't say nothing about the quality of life.

Reality bites, as the picture shows.

My deceased wife was chef de clinique of a retirement home. I can assure you, the only ones that age and enjoy it are people with some form of dementia. She had a patient who was 112, she just lost her last child to natural causes at the age 78. Not that she would know because she was drinking tea in a salon with her friends somewhere in the early 19th century. The caretaker always had to set out tea for 4 else she'd get upset.

im pretty sure that lady in the picture wasnt 100.

only people with dementia enjoy living to be that old?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_people

that guy from japan lived to 120, and worked till he was 98. smoke and drank. he seems like he enjoyed living.

the Tomoji guy seems like he enjoyed his life. I remember hearing about him before. im pretty sure he went on walks and tended to his garden everyday, he was healthy till his last birthday

im pretty sure that lady in the picture wasnt 100.

only people with dementia enjoy living to be that old?

http://en.wikipedia....i/Oldest_people

that guy from japan lived to 120, and worked till he was 98. smoke and drank. he seems like he enjoyed living.

the Tomoji guy seems like he enjoyed his life. I remember hearing about him before. im pretty sure he went on walks and tended to his garden everyday, he was healthy till his last birthday

This is Rachel Van Ootegem: Belgian Link photographed at the age of 100 exactly in Belgium. Never married, no children, schoolteacher. Hardly likely she lived a rockandroll life.

Your japanese story is what is called 'anecdotal'. In the category ?'my neighbor smoked all his life and died at 100, so you see? Smoking isn't bad for the health'

Retirement homes filled with people ****ting themselves on a daily basis is the hard reality.

You know that a standard design in a nursing home is that chambers open to a circular hallway that goes nowhere? It's for the demented who get restless and just walk there for hours on the way to...... where ever.

Ah but the question remains..... Will it blend? :-p

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they can provide documentation to back up their drug.... Something tells me its bs. Could be wrong though. :-p