Windows Live Messenger 2009 (14.0.8117) Released

Elliot B.

The FileHippo.com Update Checker notified me.

download.live.com

Not sure what's new.

EDIT: A-Patch out already.

Andrew Lyle

All of the essentials pack was updated, thought I'd add that.

BartAfterDark

I changelog would be so great :)

Sebianoti

won't bother updating

Elliot B.

won't bother updating

Cheers for sharing that with us :)

• Like 1
Sebianoti

Cheers for sharing that with us :)

Your Welcome

Luis Mazza

Maybe those are only updates to address smooth Windows Live Wave 4 upgrades.... As all apps have been upgraded.

Elliot B.

Maybe those are only updates to address smooth Windows Live Wave 4 upgrades.... As all apps have been upgraded.

If that's the case, it's a worthwhile update :yes:

EGM92

I did a fresh windows install yesterday and downloaded the essentials pack around 1pm EST. Not sure if I have the current updated versions. Could someone please post the version numbers for all the updated programs?

hjf288

I hope they fixed the freezing in WLM...

I hope so too!

Kudo

Thank you!

DaViD_BRaNDoN

For those already updates, any noticeable changes?

Chasethebase

For those who downgraded from the leaked Wave 4 build, does this fix the issues that they came accross (Broken file transfer, nudges, etc.), cheers.

Andrew Lyle

nope.
techbeck

meh, been using Trillian as my main IM client. Tho since I only have a few people on Yahoo IM, I may ditch Trillian and Yahoo and stuck mainly with MSN.

Shayla

What is A-Patch ?

Chasethebase

What is A-Patch ?

Basically lets you customise WLM in a ton of ways, main feature is to remove adverts.

Yeah. Seems more stable.

Kudo

I changelog would be so great :)

UPDATE (13May10, 6:50AM) : And there's some official word (Inside Windows Live) also about this Minor update-

"
Today we released an optional update for Wave 3 of the Windows Live Essentials suite in all 48 languages. This is a minor release that updates Windows Live Messenger, Mail, Family Safety, and Sync. You can install it from
, or through
as an optional update. While this is our last planned update for Wave 3, we will continue to support this release for the foreseeable future as it will be the last version that supports Windows XP.

This is a minor release with a small set of targeted bug fixes and minor changes. Even though most users will not run into the issues we addressed, we felt they were important to fix. This update also contains a small set of changes to ensure that Essentials supports new advances coming in Wave 4.

Rest assured, we're continuing to work hard on Wave 4 and are in the final stretches. This update is a first and important step in that direction."

Source

Elliot B.

Has only else lost the option to start only sending your webcam? Used to be under Actions > Video > Start sending video. Now you can only start an entire video call, which turns on both webcams and includes audio.

mancode20

UPDATE (13May10, 6:50AM) : And there's some official word (Inside Windows Live) also about this Minor update-

"
Today we released an optional update for Wave 3 of the Windows Live Essentials suite in all 48 languages. This is a minor release that updates Windows Live Messenger, Mail, Family Safety, and Sync. You can install it from
, or through
as an optional update. While this is our last planned update for Wave 3, we will continue to support this release for the foreseeable future as it will be the last version that supports Windows XP.

This is a minor release with a small set of targeted bug fixes and minor changes. Even though most users will not run into the issues we addressed, we felt they were important to fix. This update also contains a small set of changes to ensure that Essentials supports new advances coming in Wave 4.

Rest assured, we're continuing to work hard on Wave 4 and are in the final stretches. This update is a first and important step in that direction."

Source

Anyone have a standalone installer for newest version of Windows Live Messenger?
Kudo

Has only else lost the option to start only sending your webcam? Used to be under Actions > Video > Start sending video. Now you can only start an entire video call, which turns on both webcams and includes audio.

I was remove with this update. I think that is one of the changes.

Elliot B.

I was remove with this update. I think that is one of the changes.

Until it comes back, I'm not updating again (Y)

alfaaqua

Until it comes back, I'm not updating again (Y)

There is problably a option or a way to only send or only recieve.

BTW, is Plus! compatible?

And yeah, if someone can upload the standalone installers.....