Anyone have a personal library?

Hello,

I am in the process of building my own personal library. I currently have 4 bookshelves, and im in the process of organizing my collection. I was wondering what programs everyone here used? I have tried Book collector Pro and BookCAT so far. I like the BookCAT interface better, plus the fact I can scan amazon, library of congress as well as several other libraries for information. However it seems harder to add a book, and doesnt automatically download the Dewey Decimal number, (which I need for organization). Hopefully someone can recommend a program or just show picture of stories of their own personal library.

I have quote a few personal books, but most of them are in a bookshelf in my closet. I have about 15 books on a shelf in my room, and they're books I'm currently reading or going to read next. I also have a Sony eReader with about 80 books loaded onto it and thousands more on my computer. (Y)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have some books, not organized as well. BUt I might do that, these holidays :)

Hmm, it might be a good idea to organize our fairly small library. We only have about 100 books. They're all on one big bookshelf, in alphabetical order. The problem is though my GF keeps re-reading them and leaving them all around the house and in her car.

my dad has hundreds of books in practically every room of my parents house..

i don't :(

My parent's entire basement used to be filled with unsorted books in boxes. My mom's been slowly getting rid of all but the REALLY good or rare ones. There was multiple copies of many books simply because they could never remember owning a book

I have about 70 - 100 odd books on one large case mainly economic/political/philosophy books with a few of the classic fictional and some religious texts ill get to reading one day. Would love to have a dedicated room and greatly expanded collection one day.

I have 100ish books, but not organized in any way. They are fiction, comedy fiction and some factual books.

I have a lot and they're all in my basement. Mostly science fiction/fantasy novels from the 70's and 80's. My dad bought them over the years from various garage sales. So far, I've read about 20% of the books.

I've also spent some time thinking about starting my own personal library, which for me would be fascinating since I'm an avid reader and have so many books. However, since we are living in the days of the iPads and Kindles, it's so tempting to switch over from traditional, tangible books to reading them technologically. I mean, what would happen if we have a major disaster and the grid goes completely off? What would I read then? Or of course, I can be thinking too much about it :)

I've got a library. My bookcase stretches from one side of the wall to the other, floor to ceiling and includes books for engineering, multimedia design, gardening, cooking, medical and a host of other subjects. There are also fictional books dating to the 1960's such as Enid Blyton and Trixie Beldon, as well as magazines such as Reader's Digest (complete collection since 1984).

Is that too much :p ?

Scirwode

• 4 weeks later...

I used to have a few hundred physical books.. some good fiction, some technical reference, etc. Long since sold them off though; nowadays it's all PDF's on a tablet. Got a large saltwater tank where my physical library used to be now.