Your private information is not private anymore!

Visit : http://www.spokeo.com/

Found out about this on a conspiracy website. I am not in USA, so it doesn't show much details about me. But I would urge all USA citizens to search your name,e-mail address and phone and that of people you know and see how much private data is on public display! ohmy.gif

• Like 1

Eh, not that impressive. I put in a name of a friend in Colorado, it gave me the old Missouri address she has on her MySpace page. I reckon you could do more damage stalking someone with Google.

Can only find me through my email.

So, how much information was there? And was it accurate?

Has my old address and a bunch of very wrong information about me...not exactly a very good aggregate as I'm pretty cavalier about my personal information online and it can't come up with jack.

Meh, I put my name in and it found my birth fathers info. It was somewhat accurate about his age, wife, and a few other things. But his house is not worth what it said (1M+), he was injured a few years ago and cannot work any more, I think if his house was worth that much he would have sold it by now and moved on......

EDIT: It found my email, it has my location wrong, blogs and updates wrong, and has no other info about me at all that is shown....

Has no information on me. Has information on my father (same name), but I'd rate it's accuracy 30% at best. The lifestyles and interests section did not even remotely describe him, and was completely wrong. The only information that was correct was the housing information, which has been publicly available since before the Internet even existed.

Now, it has my step father in there, with an accurate address and phone number, as well as age and relationship status, but almost everything else is just wrong.....

Also has my grandfather in there, it has his address right and his age right, but everything else is wrong. It says he has only owned his house for 19 years, he built it in his 20s or so roughly 50 years ago.......it also says he has a college degree, but he quit school early and cannot read very well....

Interesting site, but it seems hit or miss.....from what I have seen, its no more than 50% accurate at its best.

The information is no better than what is in the white pages. The house information (worth, details) is all wrong. Everything else is "pay to see."

The information is no better than what is in the white pages. The house information (worth, details) is all wrong. Everything else is "pay to see."

Exactly. I think most of that info is simply randomly generated, because when my wife and I tried it, it gave totally different info on our house for each of us. We've lived here for over 7 years, so it isn't simply out of date info, it's just plain wrong. Most of what is there is simply an agregate of publicly available information (white pages, etc.).

not much accurate info and it forces to pay for anything of value. I guess a really desperate person would pay, but I think there are better services than a website.

LOL it found me but had very little info on me. It also found my wife but listed her as living at her parents. Whats funny is that it list her as white instead of black. They want money to see more, no thanks.

What the hell...

It has me as being in my 40s, my mom in her 50s (true) and my grandma living in the same household. Wow, so far off...

The location information comes from your IP address. It is a nice social engineering trick; most people search for people that they know personally, and most people that you know personally live near you.