Zuckerberg: for those who live in a cave there will be an off switch

Zuckerberg: Facebook will respect the privacy of those who really prefer it

The world is more open and connected, Facebook's CEO wrote yesterday : http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/23/AR2010052303828.html . But for those who'd rather live in a cave with their privacy, there will be an off switch.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Zuckerberg-Facebook-will-respect-the-privacy-of-those-who-really-prefer-it/1274712205

Wait, where did that part about "living in a cave" come from? I didn't see that in either of the links, unless I missed something.

in the UK this guy would have been given a right good slap. He's a pillock and I understand that he thinks the world and his dog should be on farcebook but some of us don't give a crap.

Then again with millions of people using the idea he stole, he is bound to be a bit of an egomaniac. I can see a time where it gets so big it has influence in congress. I'm just glad I don't live in the US and A*

Is farcebook going to get as big as google and dominate the t'internet?

Is Zuckerberg going to be president No. 45?

Is google going to buy farcebook and 'disappear' Mark?

* Although residence is a no-no, I would like to visit. I want to go to a baseball match and eat all the great food I have seen on TV programmes like "food tech" as well as others.

People make a choice to use Facebook. Then again, people like to **** on successful people to make themselves feel better, so you can't be in "awe" of the pompous attitude emanating from the CEO of Facebook. The funny part is, the majority of people that do use Facebook don't give two-****s about privacy, as they are wise enough to know that NOTHING on the the internet is private, especially if it is intended to be shared (unlike credit card and banking info, which we don't intend to share to anyone).

BTW, that quote regarding living in a cave doesn't exist in those articles.

--You have control over how your information is shared.

-- We do not share your personal information with people or services you don't want.

-- We do not give advertisers access to your personal information.

-- We do not and never will sell any of your information to anyone.

Those are all complete bull****. The only reason I log into Facebook once a month is to reset the privacy settings that Facebook tries to subvert without my knowledge.