Neowin Giveaway: Free subs from June to Oct 2010

Seeing as I havent won a sub I went to purchase one and I cant do it. Paypal wants a credit card and I dont have one. Cant we set it up so I can use my bank account like most sites that accept paypal (IE Ebay)?

Doesn't PayPal allow you to connect a bank account to the PayPal account in Canada? It's what I did, and it's been working fine for years.

Doesn't PayPal allow you to connect a bank account to the PayPal account in Canada? It's what I did, and it's been working fine for years.

Yeah, that's how my PayPal works. It kinda guarantee's a payment.

If there's money in my PayPal account, it will use that. If not, it will use my Card. If there's no balance on my card (for whatever reason), it will take directly from my bank account.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes that's how it's setup and I use it on ebay. But it wouldnt let me get around the credit card for Neowin sub

Yes that's how it's setup and I use it on ebay. But it wouldnt let me get around the credit card for Neowin sub

Just go pick up a visa card at walmart [or applicable grocery store].... that way you can load what you want and don't need to actually have a CC. This is what I typically do, except I do it from the bank (they give us virtual cards) to ensure the safety of my account..

Not that you have anything to worry about from here, just a way to circumvent the CC dilemma