Windows Live Essentials update

*sniped*

Windows Live Essentials is usually around that size, is it not? This won't be just Messenger; it'll be all of them, if it's real.

both Wave 3 and Wave 4 M2 build were around ~128/130MB

anyway ,i will wait for the offical beta

Pretty sure you have to edit authorisation.xml to log into messenger. I'll have a play around with it but i'm sure someone will make a patch very soon.

According to here, they edited that file and fixed it with the previous build.

Thanks but isn't it against the rules to post downloads to leaks like this?

Yeah, but you'll find stuff like that on the home page and all over the forums. I guess it just depends on what mood a mod is in before they enforce it.

Can be done by invoking uninstall command for each MSI package.

Thanks.

For anyone who doesn't know what this means, browse to 'c:/Program files/Common Files/Windows Live/.cache' and make sure hidden folders and files are enabled. Search for .msi files and you will stumble upon .msi files such as messenger.msi

You want to copy WLXSuite.msi to your desktop

Open CMD as administrator and type in the following command (replace username with your username)

msiexec /x C:\username\Desktop\WLXSuite.msi

If that doesn't work do it for each of the messenger.msi seperately :)

To my knowlege its not against the rules posting the download links as its not 'paid for' software. Its free software which even when released properly, is still free, so by posting a link to a beta, its not really hurting Microsoft or anyone else financially or intellectually.

Correct me if im wrong thou.

Tried to install the newest leaked beta... and it never worked... It wouldn't install, I tried going to cache and all that fun stuff but never worked. I tried uninstalling the old version of WLM and it would install the new BETA but when the installer finished, it would disappear randomly. Anyone got this issue or know what could be wrong?

Tried to install the newest leaked beta... and it never worked... It wouldn't install, I tried going to cache and all that fun stuff but never worked. I tried uninstalling the old version of WLM and it would install the new BETA but when the installer finished, it would disappear randomly. Anyone got this issue or know what could be wrong?

I installed the latest leaked beta like upgrade Windows Live 3 and it works for me very well. The only one thing is, that I cant sign to Windows Live Messenger. For me it is not important, because I use Skype.

Live Sync doesn't show how much space is free in the cloud (one of the requested features in Mesh), but it does it for computers.

Screenshot%20-%202010-06-10%20%2C%2013_00_07.jpg

And I guess that question mark shouldn't be in a quotation :p

could someone please post the msidcrl40.dll files of sync, messenger, mail, and movie maker because it appears that the ones I have are damaged.

THanks

I installed Windows Live Essentials Wave 4 latest build and Microsoft still has not fixed the "BUG" where your E mail gets downloaded even if you have "Check for new messages every" unchecked! :(

Can someone please tell why this is so hard for Microsoft to fix?

No other E mail programs have this F-ing issue!!!

I think this Bug started with Windows Live Mail Wave 3.

Outlook Express any version never had this bug! And Windows Live Essentials Wave 1 and 2 also I don't think had this bug.

Other then this dame bug the new WIndows Live Mail 2011 kicks butt!!!

Does Microsoft even know about this bug and are they even trying to fix it?

Thanks.

For anyone who doesn't know what this means, browse to 'c:/Program files/Common Files/Windows Live/.cache' and make sure hidden folders and files are enabled. Search for .msi files and you will stumble upon .msi files such as messenger.msi

You want to copy WLXSuite.msi to your desktop

Open CMD as administrator and type in the following command (replace username with your username)

msiexec /x C:\username\Desktop\WLXSuite.msi

If that doesn't work do it for each of the messenger.msi seperately :)

None of it would uninstall normally, or otherwise. I had to delete the folders, remove some registry entries and then change permissions on about 10 registry keys to delete them before I could put an older version back in.

None of it would uninstall normally, or otherwise. I had to delete the folders, remove some registry entries and then change permissions on about 10 registry keys to delete them before I could put an older version back in.

I can confirm my method works because I ran that command for all the installers then installed Wave 3 successfully.

I can confirm my method works because I ran that command for all the installers then installed Wave 3 successfully.

I'm sure and thanks for the info you posted earlier. It just didn't work for me as well as it did for you.

can you please tell the steps you've done? i'm having the very same problem and playing with the msi files didn't solve the problem :(

can you please tell the steps you've done? i'm having the very same problem and playing with the msi files didn't solve the problem :(

Delete the Windows Live folder from Program Files and the Windows Live folder from Program Files\Common Files\

Run REGEDIT (with admin rights if Vista or 7) and do a search for windows live and delete everything you find (it's not a lot). You'll come across a couple of CLSID entries and a few wlsvc prefixed entries that are permission locked. Right click the entries, select Permissions..., select your account name then click the Advanced button. Click the Owner tab and select your account name again and click both check boxes at the bottom. Click Ok all the way through until the box goes away. You can now delete that key.

I used Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from MS.. You can get it here.. it sucks that we can't login to WLM.. sucks even more that uninstall is such a pain..

Any news on when the beta will be open to public? I read on a website that 21 June is the date everyone can login into the new WLM.. can anyone confirm?