Forum shuffle imminent!

I think everything looked fine as is, but I can understand the consolidation.

I do think the gaming needs to be in Hobby and Recreation

As a new user, I'll disagree that anything was overwhelming before... I thought it was nicely structured. But this is good too. :)

In my opinion a big mistake to combine all Windows versions, especially XP and Vista/win 7 which are sufficiently different to often require different solutions to problems. I mostly looked through the XP forum as that is the OS I use and am familiar with. I don't want to have to wade through a lot of Win 7 posts, all the more so that posters don't always specify which Windows version they have in the title, so I'm wasting my time opening up threads that are not relevant to me.

In my opinion a big mistake to combine all Windows versions, especially XP and Vista/win 7 which are sufficiently different to often require different solutions to problems. I mostly looked through the XP forum as that is the OS I use and am familiar with. I don't want to have to wade through a lot of Win 7 posts, all the more so that posters don't always specify which Windows version they have in the title, so I'm wasting my time opening up threads that are not relevant to me.

I didn't even notice they did that. Ouch. I agree with you, that will get very annoying.

I didn't even notice they did that. Ouch. I agree with you, that will get very annoying.

As long as threads are properly tagged before being posted it shouldn't be an issue. Unless getting around this would be having it like so...

- Windows Discussion

-- Windows 7/Server 2008 R2

-- Windows Vista/Server 2008

-- Previous Windows Versions

Just as an example here.

I assume the pinned threads from the merged sections will be snipped. We currently have 2 "Is your thread in the right place" in the Mac General section

I assume the pinned threads from the merged sections will be snipped. We currently have 2 "Is your thread in the right place" in the Mac General section

Yeah, that definitely looks like a mistake. I'm sure a mod will take care of that. :p

One thing I am still wondering about is why Cursors, Icons & (Animated) Wallpapers is under Windows Customization.

Pardon me if this has been asked before.

In my opinion a big mistake to combine all Windows versions, especially XP and Vista/win 7 which are sufficiently different to often require different solutions to problems.

I have to say I agree with this .. the Windows section looks a bit odd to me at the moment.

One thing I am still wondering about is why Cursors, Icons & (Animated) Wallpapers is under Windows Customization.

Pardon me if this has been asked before.

Maybe they should have renamed it to "Customization". That way it would include all OSes.

Maybe they should have renamed it to "Customization". That way it would include all OSes.

Good point, I merged all the customization forums (from Mac & Linux) and moved it to Help & Discussion Center as one topic.

Good point, I merged all the customization forums (from Mac & Linux) and moved it to Help & Discussion Center as one topic.

Thanks!

I didn't notice any topics on what I'm about to ask, and sorry if it was discussed already, but my suggestion is that the topics (at least Mac and Linux ones) be tagged "[OS]" from now on, otherwise it could get messy trying to find your way through them all.

Aww man, when did you go to all in one Windows Client thing.... I wish it was just Windows 7, Vista and XP and Old versions like before.

Tagging is good but it starts to become messy with too many tags.