• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Poll] Trend in Switching Browsers!

Poll to see the trend in switching browsers.  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

still1    251

Browsers!!!! Switching a browser is common. This poll will let us see the trend. Please poll your current switch.

If you use multiple browsers please make a logical choice depending upon the usage of each browser.

SharpGreen    231

I'd been using Firefox since it was called Firebird, like the v0.5 days. But as soon as I learned of Chrome and its superior (IMO) webkit engine, I switched instantly. Been using Google Chrome (even with all its supposed privacy issues) since its first public release, I still occasionally use firefox, and am starting to use the mobile Android Firefox.

Crompee    5

IE > Firefox > Chrome > Firefox.

Obviously started browsing with IE but quickly switched to Firefox, mainly for security but at the time for the addons (although ive stopped using most of them and now its only Adblock and noscript). Tried Chrome for abit when it came out but got annoyed as it doesnt stop the ad's it loads them, then hides them so switched back to Firefox.

Chrome seemed faster and startup was quicker but the addons arnt as good as Firefox's yet in terms of Adblock and noscript.

brentaal    404

IE > Firebird 0.6

Been using Firefox ever since, with a number of Google Chrome tryouts, but I always go back to Firefox.

Nagisan    248

Back before Opera 9, I simply used IE as it suited my needs, but since 9, I have been using Opera. I have tried FF and Chrome, but neither compare to Opera IMO.

Steve B.    467

Firefox until this year, then switched to Chrome.

spenser.d    1,100

Firefox to IE was my latest switch a couple years ago. I switched from IE to FF back in the IE6 days and used FF for a few years. Then IE became a great browser and I switched back around late IE7/IE8 time.

Charisma    2,399

IE to Firefox a long time ago... Now I still use Firefox most of the time, but I usually have Chrome and/or Safari up too, depending on which computer I'm on. I like to try as many as possible when I'm designing a web page, too, so I can make sure it looks right in all of them. I guess you could say I switched from IE to Firefox to multiple.

nub    181

Sticking with Firefox because of extensions

Rudy    457

Netscape->IE5->IE6->Phoenix->IE6->Firefox->Safari->Firefox3

In there I also tried Chrome and I've tried to go back to Safari but I can't handle not having adblock

XCalvin    0

ie - firefox - chrome- opera - firefox - ie - firefox - chrome i cannot decide

on mac safari - netscape - firefox - safari

i cannot decide

MR_Candyman    114

I used to be a die hard firefox user until opera 9 came out. I made the decision to switch completely about 2 weeks later. Chrome is good, but not nearly as good as opera IMHO.

ahmz    28

IE > Firefox > Chrome. A natural course.

Harlem39s Finest    0

IE>firefox, that was 5 years ago. i wish mozilla made firefox faster :( other than that its the best browser for my needs.

amon91    41

Switched from IE to Firefox around mid-2005, never looked back, then I switched to Chrome last year.

Ci7    205

IE7(2007) >> Firefox 2 >> IE8 >> Firefox 3/3.5/Minefield 3.7a >> Chrome 4.1/5/6(dev channel) (since early 2010)

that sum it up , since about 3 years ago that when i got permanent internet connection

Andrew Lyle    336

well technically, everyone here (maybe some people excluded from the EU, or purchased a used computer) would have to say they switched from IE :p

Nagisan    248

well technically, everyone here (maybe some people excluded from the EU, or purchased a used computer) would have to say they switched from IE :p

Or put their browser of choice installer file on a backup HDD or thumb drive. :p

Lee G.    234

I switched from IE6 to Firefox in July 2004. I still use Firefox.

+warwagon    13,203

I think the 4th Question should be

How many years ago did you switch

While I switched from IE to firefox, but that was 6 years ago.

Growled    3,880

I've switched a lot lately, since I have been giving all of them a good workout. Opera seems the best for my usage right now.

philcruicks    259

Used IE back in the old days, used firefox for years since 1.9/2 I think.

Switched to Chrome about 4 months ago, now (on the dev build 6.0.408.1), sooooo much faster than IE and FF3, and its getting more add-ons all the time.

ok FF4 looks to be good but we'll have to wait and see.

Tried Chrome for abit when it came out but got annoyed as it doesnt stop the ad's it loads them, then hides them so switched back to Firefox.

Chrome seemed faster and startup was quicker but the addons arnt as good as Firefox's yet in terms of Adblock and noscript.

Sticking with Firefox because of extensions

In there I also tried Chrome and I've tried to go back to Safari but I can't handle not having adblock

Chrome has exactly the same Ad Block extension that FF has. you were probably all using old builds of chrome/versions of extensions, ad block works on every site I've been on since switching to chrome, and the extensions library is getting bigger by the day.

still1    251

I think the 4th Question should be

How many years ago did you switch

While I switched from IE to firefox, but that was 6 years ago.

wont let me create a 4th question. max is 3 questions in a poll.

way2quik    6

IE > FireFox > IE > Chrome.

When IE9 rolls around, I may go back. I never felt there was anything wrong with IE8, I just wanted to give Chrome a shot and so far liking it.

liju    14

Palemoon/Firefox <-> IE <-> Opera

I switch between these everyday.

Palemoon/Firefox is the most used, IE for quick look at something as its the fastest in starting up and Opera with turbo enabled when I approach the monthly data cap.