[Poll] Trend in Switching Browsers!

Poll to see the trend in switching browsers.  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Browser you switched from?

• IE
    • FireFox
    • Chrome
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Others(specify in post)
    • Never switched my Browser
  2. 2. Browser you switched to?

• IE
    • FireFox
    • Chrome
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Never switched my Browser
  3. 3. I have never switched browser, the only browser i have used is?

• IE
    • FireFox
    • Chrome
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • I have switched Browsers

IE to Phoenix, then Phoenix to Firebird, then Firebird to Firefox.

I have other browsers installed and use them to test things, but none are as useful to me as Firefox is.

Edit: i spel gud.

Netscape -> Mozilla Suite -> Firefox (back in the Firebird days) -> Chrome.

I am trying out Chrome atm.. and I'm semi-impressed. It seems that Chrome doesn't like being open for days on end because the (built-in) task manager doesn't seem to be able to re-use old process that well. I just killed Chrome researched the memory usage on the Internet and now I know how to kill old processes to reduce the memory footprint (sometimes 90%, and I have 4GB!).

I'm also not too impressed with flash support in Chrome, but tbh it sucks in most browsers anyway.

I switched from Firefox, but will give FF 4.0 a run for its money! :p

I am trying out Chrome atm.. and I'm semi-impressed. It seems that Chrome doesn't like being open for days on end because the (built-in) task manager doesn't seem to be able to re-use old process that well. I just killed Chrome researched the memory usage on the Internet and now I know how to kill old processes to reduce the memory footprint (sometimes 90%, and I have 4GB!).

I'm also not too impressed with flash support in Chrome, but tbh it sucks in most browsers anyway.

Which version are you using? the dev version is always the most up to date I've gotta say I haven't had any problems with flash, tho i'm using the HTML5 beta of youtube so my flash browsing is maybe a bit more limited than some.

and I haven't found mem usage to be an issue, but I switch my PC off every night, if yours is on for " days on end" then it might be a different story.

Switched from IE to Google Chrome when it first was released in 2008.

Never really liked Firefox, Safari or Opera.

On windows: Firefox

On mac: safari

i tried to switch to chrome, but i miss the feeds the way work on safari... and i can't replicate in chrome.

Firefox is too slow to be usable on mac.

I switched from Firefox, but will give FF 4.0 a run for its money! :p

Definitely. I'll be using Chrome till FF 4.0 is released.

Which version are you using? the dev version is always the most up to date I've gotta say I haven't had any problems with flash, tho i'm using the HTML5 beta of youtube so my flash browsing is maybe a bit more limited than some.

and I haven't found mem usage to be an issue, but I switch my PC off every night, if yours is on for " days on end" then it might be a different story.

It auto-updated to the latest 5.0 beta 5.0.375.55 ? I haven't had a lot of good experiences with "dev" browsers, and its always a bad idea to be using one on Neowin.. cause stuff "breaks" :p

It auto-updated to the latest 5.0 beta 5.0.375.55 ? I haven't had a lot of good experiences with "dev" browsers, and its always a bad idea to be using one on Neowin.. cause stuff "breaks" :p

I think that's its a stable release, not beta.

lol, well I've had the dev build since v4.x now on 6.0.408.1, so far I don't think its broken anything.

In fact I'd probably say that it's more stable than FF3.6 beta was.

Firefox until this year, then switched to Chrome.

Nevermind, back on Firefox.

I went from IE6 to Opera

Now I use a combination of Opera and Chrome, chrome mainly for mail, facebook and a few small things but I use Opera for everything else.

I used Opera for a long time but they have been a bit slack in keeping their Linux version at par with the Windows version. I recently gave up on Opera and now use Chrome. I may go back to Opera when they catch up their Linux version. But Chrome is really good!

Always been an IE user. Until Chrome came out, after a few dev builds, I switched permanently. But then Chrome started crashing a lot (this was when there wasn't any devv updates for ages) and I was forced to switch back to IE. But I am now loving IE8 again, s'all good.

Always been an IE user. Until Chrome came out, after a few dev builds, I switched permanently. But then Chrome started crashing a lot (this was when there wasn't any devv updates for ages) and I was forced to switch back to IE. But I am now loving IE8 again, s'all good.

dont expect chrome not to crash when you are using a dev build.....

try the latest stable one it should not crash on you.

I used IE6 until about 2004/2005. Then it got irritating and so I switched to Bangbang's nightly optimised firefox builds until IE7 came out. Since then I have used IE.