TV Resolution wrong

Futura

My media PC has a ATI Radeon X300. For some reason it wont let my TV use it's native 1360x768 resolution.

I checked this with a different PC (a PC I was fixing, using it's onboard GPU) and I could use the native resolution without a problem.

Using the latest Catalyst drivers and Windows 7.

Anyone knows a possible fix?

craybox

I am in a simular boat, just updated one of the work laptops to Windows 7 and the ATI drivers do not give me the option for it's native resolution or 1680x1050 :( just 1600x1200..

works ok in XP and Vista, but this monitor only has a VGA connection, maybe if you have a DVI connection at all that might help ....

Futura

I've tried swapping between the ports to no avail. (VGA and DVI)

I must also note that the other PC I've tried was also running Windows 7.

TAZMINATOR

Most TVs use 1360x768 res. I am using this res on my TV. If you want higher than this res, then use a monitor model... not TV model.

Unless you have either DVI or HDMI based video card, you can use either one and you might be able to go higher than TV's max res but I doubt it.

A very few TVs have higher res. You will need to look around and look at TV's features on the price tag.

I am getting a (at least 25") monitor model for my laptop/xbox soon. So I can enjoy a higher res on it.

xendrome

I am in a simular boat, just updated one of the work laptops to Windows 7 and the ATI drivers do not give me the option for it's native resolution or 1680x1050 :( just 1600x1200..

works ok in XP and Vista, but this monitor only has a VGA connection, maybe if you have a DVI connection at all that might help ....

Check the manual and it should list supported resolutions. But the best advice I can tell you is, if your TV is 720 or 1080. Try 1280x720 or 1920x1080. Those should work fine.

Futura

Well, this doesn't state 1360x768 as a supported resolution, but I'm not sure about it.

Is there any way to force the resolution?

TAZMINATOR

Well, this doesn't state 1360x768 as a supported resolution, but I'm not sure about it.

Is there any way to force the resolution?

The video card is fine but the resolution is based on the television you use... if you use 720p TV, then you will not be able to get higher than 720p resolution. Understand now? Check your manual that came with your TV and see what is the max resolution that you can use. If your TV is 1080p, then you will be able to get a bigger resolution such as 1920x1080 or something like that.

Edit: I just noticed that you are using Windows 7... Windows XP/2000 are required. I don't know if it would work for Windows 7 unless they have the updated drivers for Windows 7. Check the video card's website and see if they have updated drivers for Windows 7.

Futura

The video card is fine but the resolution is based on the television you use... if you use 720p TV, then you will not be able to get higher than 720p resolution. Understand now? Check your manual that came with your TV and see what is the max resolution that you can use. If your TV is 1080p, then you will be able to get a bigger resolution such as 1920x1080 or something like that.

Edit: I just noticed that you are using Windows 7... Windows XP/2000 are required. I don't know if it would work for Windows 7 unless they have the updated drivers for Windows 7. Check the video card's website and see if they have updated drivers for Windows 7.

The TV's native resolution (according to the manual) is 1360x768.

I'll check for newer drivers.

One thing I've also just remembered is that when I plugged the TV into the PC I was fixing, it was named 'Samsung'.

However, when the TV is plugged into the x300 all I get is 'Generic'.