Audio software that is good to create dubstep tracks?

Just wondering if anyone here could recommend me some software that I could use to try and make dubstep tracks/remixes. Lately I have really wanted to experiment with this genre of music.

Also are there any good guides/learning resources out there that you have used that would be worth taking a look at?

Thanks in advance!

Good friend of mine is enjoying the dubstep scene atm... He swears by Cubase SX.. (Y)

Tractor and Reactor used to be quite popular before as well, don't know how they keep up atm

Yep, Cubase is where is at. I make drum and bass with it.

Although I use Cubase and Reason in rewire mode because it's really easy to make subsonic basses along with really techy stuff. It's literally as easy as right click > malstrom synthesizer > rightclick > distortion. Get a sine and square or saw wave together, detune a little make a low note and you got yourself a dubstep bass :) Get any drum, put some heavy reverb and ta-da! Even I don't make any dubstep I know how to make pretty much everything because it was really easy to learn.

I shall have to check out this Cubase program then, thanks you two! :)

Although I use Cubase and Reason in rewire mode because it's really easy to make subsonic basses along with really techy stuff. It's literally as easy as right click > malstrom synthesizer > rightclick > distortion. Get a sine and square or saw wave together, detune a little make a low note and you got yourself a dubstep bass :) Get any drum, put some heavy reverb and ta-da! Even I don't make any dubstep I know how to make pretty much everything because it was really easy to learn.

o.O - Looks like I will have some reading to do so I know what all of these terms mean :D Thanks though, it gives me something to work with and enjoy in my spare time now.