How to mount DVD drive in mATX case?

Well I looked at it for hours and have no clue....

The case is a Aplus CS102B mATX case and the DVD drive is a totally normal SATA DVD burner.

Sorry about the pic quallity, my iPhone can't do any better :pinch:

img0005dz.jpg

img0004qho.jpg

img0003et.jpg

img0002vk.jpg

img0001qn.jpg

I'm grateful for ANY advice because this is a PC I build for the girlfriend of a friend and I totally can't be bothered to drive to a PC shop for that kind of small stuff.

I build many normal ATX PCs and never had any probs, first and last time I got mATX....

Doesn't the front panel have clips for it to be detached from the case, so the optical drive can be fed through? Or are you talking about the screw mounts when the drive is in?

That's the problem, the case had nothing with it. Getting the drive in place is no problem, just I don't know how to mount it....

That's the problem, the case had nothing with it. Getting the drive in place is no problem, just I don't know how to mount it....

Have you pulled the front panel off like RadishTM said? The bits might be on it.

Nope, nothing on the front panel, I closely observed it. However I noticed something different. My own case has some plastic addons for HDDs that you just mount to the HDDs itself and then just slide the HDD into the HDD cage. I observed the metal parts of the mATX cage carefully and noticed that on both sides it has something like "mount points" for such a plastic rail.

I called the girlfriend and asked her to look through any packages she might still have at home, hopefully she finds something....

She found the rails and the drive is now in place, thanks for the support everyone!

Though I swear whoever designed the mATX standard never heard of cables, let alone heat...

Good stuff (Y)

I got a feeling though, that you're going be repairing this PC once in a while due to heat issues ;)

Though I swear whoever designed the mATX standard never heard of cables, let alone heat...

Sure they did...its the person who buys it and wanted the case to be smaller...

They also make a smaller case then a mATX for the Mini ITX boards which is what you got.

It wasn't my choice, the girlfriend of my friend wanted "one of these small cute PCs"..... anyhow it's working Radish :p

I just said I can build her a small PC, I never said it will last :rofl: