Man plunges 13,000 feet to his death

i thought drowing was one of the "best ways of dying" because you don't feel anything. it's just water. that's what i heard :unsure:

good that you're staying with the story i'd like to know who, what , when, and where

No, drowning is definately not the best way to die, when water engulfs your body you will have trouble breathing and start to gear. To get an idea, just stick your head in the bath tub for a few seconds. Then once your body is filled up with water it has potential to expand and expand (and possibily explode).

Also it's true that even though your dead, your body will still function for an additional 15 minutes or so. So your brain will be in a terrible paralized state. It's a slow and painful way to die..

As for following the story, I don't know how else to follow it.. I think it occured in the UK and I don't know if any stations here will broadcast it, so someone else might be able to follow it more closely then I, but I'll try my best.

i thought drowing was one of the "best ways of dying" because you don't feel anything. it's just water. that's what i heard :unsure:

good that you're staying with the story i'd like to know who, what , when, and where

How would you like not being able to breath and have water fill up your lungs? :no:

could be, since you're fighting for your breath as well as getting burned..

I wonder how much time there is before impact from 13,000 feet.

15.74 secs :o

Hmm, did he cut the reserve chute too? :huh:

Yeah, the reserve chute was cut. The person that had done it certainly knew what he was doing. and yes, I hope he lives the rest of his life with the guilt of that hanging over his head.

seeing as how he had to bottle to do this in the first place, i doubt highly that the person that did it is feeling any guilt at all. This isn't like accidentally running over someone in a car, its deliberate sabotage.

He would have spent those few seconds struggling with his chute, I doubt very much he would have 'given up' at any point. Who ever did it should be imprissoned for life at the LEAST, but chances are it'll never be found out. Evil crap goes on in the Army. Smiffy said this gives soldiers a bad name. They already have one, its their main asset!

The British Empire was purely possible because our Army was, and is, full of rogues and scoundrals who thrive on drink. They also happen to be an incredable fighting machine, still the best trained in the world.

I feel for the guy, but I cant think of a more painless way to die. Death is often covered up. Death is rarely clean and painless. Sites like rotten do have a purpose in that respect, and in an ironic twist it has made me more tolerant of religion, I can see how it is very seldom humanly possible to deal with the realities of death.

Take the crash on an English motor way today, those people would have been decapitated no question, absolutely disgusting, but it wont ever be mentioned, they just died as far as the public is concerned.

Life is *so* fragile, this guy was fortunate to meet his end so 'efficiently', as much as it pains me to say it :(