Fluffy Linux soon to be released

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

tablet_user

linux might actually get out of the 0.000001% userbase if they decided on one distro (as long as its not some bloated noobuntu crap) instead of 200 distros that all do the same crap.

Phixion

linux might actually get out of the 0.000001% userbase if they decided on one distro (as long as its not some bloated noobuntu crap) instead of 200 distros that all do the same crap.

Agreed, everyone wants a piece of the Linux pie by releasing their own distro, which is usually just a modified version of Ubuntu.

Southern Patriot

I suggest you read through some of the distro descriptions at Distrowatch if you really think they "all do the same crap". Yes, there is overlap, but often the different distros are aimed at different uses.

Scorbing

No offense, but, what a horrible interface.

speedstr3789

yay. another linux distro. No wonder the Limux community has no viable desktop solution. Junk like this and the thousand other distros make it a useless OS.

Phixion

I suggest you read through some of the distro descriptions at Distrowatch if you really think they "all do the same crap". Yes, there is overlap, but often the different distros are aimed at different uses.

Install any Linux distro and you can configure it however you like, I fail to see the point in more and more distro's, aren't there enough out there already?

Let's look at a few of the popular ones: Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Mint, Suse, Mandriva, Arch: In these 7 distro's alone there's more than enough choice, whether you are a 'casual' or 'power user'. Any of these distro's can be configured how you like, Arch probably being the most lightweight default install.

I think it's silly to start a new distro just to have a different theme installed by default. Maybe it's just me!

ScorpioRGc1

The pink...it burns! It must be destroyed!

*launches photon torpedoes*

Southern Patriot

Install any Linux distro and you can configure it however you like, I fail to see the point in more and more distro's, aren't there enough out there already?

Let's look at a few of the popular ones: Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Mint, Suse, Mandriva, Arch: In these 7 distro's alone there's more than enough choice, whether you are a 'casual' or 'power user'. Any of these distro's can be configured how you like, Arch probably being the most lightweight default install.

Are any of those geared to work on phones? Are any of those designed to be a simple headless server out of the box? Are they meant to work on low spec machines (and by low, I mean sub-1ghz machines with 256MB of RAM or less)? The ones you mentioned are more alike than they are different. They are designed for average desktop use, not as servers, embedded use, etc. THAT is the point of having different distros.

I think it's silly to start a new distro just to have a different theme installed by default. Maybe it's just me!

And I agree with you there. But many of the ones you mentioned above are actually good examples of that. What they aren't is good examples of the usefulness of some of the smaller (not necessarily in size, but in useage and popularity) distros that you would see when looking at Distrowatch.