[UK] Can I physically force someone out of my house?

I was in the same situation a long time ago. It got to the point where i knew i would snap and really hurt my roommate, so i left.

I think you should leave before it gets to that point.

If they weren't willing to consider how I feel about the situation, I'd be long gone before this happens.

We pay rent to a landlord, so I'm not sure I can ask the police to remove my housemates friend. We don't own the house, we have the same (renting) rights as each other.

that doesnt matter, you actually have more rights over the property than the landlord does while you are a tenant

Your tenancy is as good as owning the house when it comes to things like that

Trust me, I have been a tenant for a very long time, and also have been removed from other tenants houses by the police, so I know it can be done

EDIT - The police told my gf, who was living with me at MY house my own tenancy, that she could get a restraining order out on one of my friends, to keep them away from me and my house

Even though it is my tenancy and not hers

Personally I would just blank them completely, and carry on with life as if they didn't exist. Even for example they use your consoles, and you want to go on it, just go to it, turn it off, take the controller off them without even giving eye contact and then start playing.. you get my drift?

that doesnt matter, you actually have more rights over the property than the landlord does while you are a tenant

Your tenancy is as good as owning the house when it comes to things like that

Trust me, I have been a tenant for a very long time, and also have been removed from other tenants houses by the police, so I know it can be done

EDIT - The police told my gf, who was living with me at MY house my own tenancy, that she could get a restraining order out on one of my friends, to keep them away from me and my house

Even though it is my tenancy and not hers

If it came to that then O.P might as well move. I would think the tension in the house would be high if the O.P did something like that.

True, but he was asking of his legal rights, so.... I mean, yea, its bad when it comes down to that much stress, but if you know you can remove them if you want, and the other housemate also knows this, then they might start listening to him more and go someplace else

Your housemate clearly doesn't respect you given that this annoying person is still being invited round to your house despite knowing your feelings about him/her.

I think it's ultimatum time. Lets see what your housemate thinks about the prospect of having to pay double rent in the near future.

Personally I would just blank them completely, and carry on with life as if they didn't exist. Even for example they use your consoles, and you want to go on it, just go to it, turn it off, take the controller off them without even giving eye contact and then start playing.. you get my drift?

I am pretty sure that won't end well. I feel the O.P would like to handle this without any confrontation.

If you kill the person and blame it on your religion, good chances you'll get away with it.

Huh ?

Not in the UK mate

Great advise by the way, super, kill someone.... FAIL

You would need to talk to someone with more expertise to get a definite answer, but forcing the person out is obviously going to upset your housemate (who will probably invite them around again anyway).

If this person is harrassing you or threatening you in any way I should think you could call the Police, maybe even get a restraining order.

If it's not so serious and they just irritate you/slept with your ex/whatever then you can either live with it (like an adult) or move elsewhere. I can't think of any other ways to deal with it, though a lawyer might.

Get a restraining order so they can't come around legally.

Surely I'd need a decent reason to get one of those. Law-wise, I don't have one.