Panasonic DMR-XS350

lt8480

Long story short, old aerial at my house doesn't work and the reception is horrible in the area anyway, instead of paying for a new aerial, Im going to go for a satelite dish, which is easier and cheaper for me to install.

TV is fine, (its not HD, when the budget allows it will be replaced later in the year anyway). But looking at connecting the follow device up to the current TV without using a HDMI for a temporary solution:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/DVD+Recorders+%26+Players/DIGA+DVD+Recorders/DMR-XS350/Specification/2359663/index.html?trackInfo=true

Im guessing a scart or other cable would allow this? - fully aware I wont get HD, but just wondering if anyone knows for certain whether this device outputs not solely through the HDMI. It lists outputs as S-Video etc. but just worried that might apply to the "other functions" of the device and restrict TV output to the HDMI only.

As a last resort I could test it out on the same device somewhere else. But ideally don't want to mess up their cabling!

jerzdawg

Looking at the specs... all of these will output to your TV

Output

Video Out AV1 / AV2 (21 pin), Video Out (pin jack)

S-Video Out AV1 (21 pin), S-Video Out (S terminal)

RGB Out AV1 (21 pin) [PAL]

lt8480

Looking at the specs... all of these will output to your TV

Output

Video Out AV1 / AV2 (21 pin), Video Out (pin jack)

S-Video Out AV1 (21 pin), S-Video Out (S terminal)

RGB Out AV1 (21 pin) [PAL]

Thats what I thought, Im just being cautious in case they are only outputting the TV signal on one and using the others for different things.

My questioning came from the fact I used to have a digital&analogue/DVD player/recorder connected to a different tv in the past via scart and an aerial cable, the recorded content only came through the scart - but it could play dvds and loop through the channels through the aerial output - this meant channels 1-5 plus my dvd could go to the pre-existing distrubition box and then around the house whereby I could tune into it as if it was a channel (how we used to hook up devices like NESs and VHS players.

Im considering just getting the cheapest Sat receiver I can get at ?55 which connects only using scart, then when budget allows do the whole system in one go ... chances are the receivers will have came down by ?55 by then anyway.