Safari 5.0 - Your verdict?

Odd. I honestly don't experience any lagging in scrolling with that particular site. :/ But then again, I did take that whole 15 seconds time to clean up all of Mac OS X and Safari 4's old cache. :p

Odd. I honestly don't experience any lagging in scrolling with that particular site. :/ But then again, I did take that whole 15 seconds time to clean up all of Mac OS X and Safari 4's old cache. :p

I'll try that and see if it helps at all. Seems weird that it would since I've never visited that site before except on Safari 5. :p

Edit: Ran Maintenance to clear all my app caches and then went into Safari and reset it. Didn't help. :/

Okay...

Scrolling through The Star website goes smooth as butter on my Mac, just like any other page I normally visit really, nor is it slow to load.

You used this program? http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/16790/maintenance

I'm still wary of running these kinds of "clean up" apps on my systems. Perhaps it's a bit unwarranted, but I'm paranoid about my stuff.

Extensions maybe?

Extensions are disabled and none are installed.

I also feel that this is due to Flash, but no other website suffers like The Star does for some reason. And again, on every other browser it's smooth as butter.

I would say that drivers are the problem then. You can always switch to the classic theme in Vista or 7. There are advantages to Aero (hardware acceleration being one) anyway.

On topic, with the right extensions, I could see myself using Safari more. Now, just waiting on flash block and smooth scrolling add ons.

not necessarily, geeman89. I still use XP SP3 because I don't have the HARDWARE powerful enough to run Win7. simple as that. I'm still using a PC made in 2002 and it's insufficient to work with the Seven OS.

I'll have to work hard and earn money to buy a brand new PC that comes with pre-installed Win7. maybe in year 2014 when XP is officially dead I'll use Win7 on a new computer.

as for Safari 5.0, I guess it works best on Mac computers than on the Windows machines. The Windows versions of Safari don't seem to be equal to the Mac versions of Safari.

The Windows versions of Safari don't seem to be equal to the Mac versions of Safari.

In don't see why not? Both versions have the exact same feature set except for OS-specific stuff like Dashboard integration and PDF support. For example: Mac OS X providers PDF support from its core and Safari uses that, Windows on the other hand does not... Then you could debate the non-standard interface. But heck, Firefox, Chrome and Opera use cross-platform frameworks for their UI rendering as well.

I completely switched to Safari 5 from chrome 5 on windows 7 and never had a problem with it. Adblock extension works much better then chrome's. I don't know why people say that it looks out of place in windows. Unlike itunes and QT, it does integrate with Aero UI nicely .

as for Safari 5.0, I guess it works best on Mac computers than on the Windows machines. The Windows versions of Safari don't seem to be equal to the Mac versions of Safari.

although the extensions feature of Safari 5 seems to be a nice additions to Safari; both mac and windows versions. finally got the safari 5 extensions feature to show up in the browser menu on my XP SP3 machine. safari adblock, here i come. heehee. :D