• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

High end compacts

Steve B.    467

Hello again camera people.

I'm in a pickle here, I was originally planning on a dSLR but times have changed and as such have had to choose something a little less to meet my requirements, I can't really justify spending a large amount on a dSLR when I won't use it all that much, as such I just want a high end compact which can still take great quality photos.

My maximum budget is ?200, maybe ?250 at a push.

Make sure you look at UK STORES ONLY. I can't stress this enough.

Thanks for the help.

Argote    73

I don't know that many UK stores, try to find the Canon PowerShot S90 or Panasonic Lumix LX3, they're a bit over your budget on amazon.co.uk

crazzy88ss    65

Oh man when I read "high end compacts" I was thinking Lecias and things like that, not 200 pound canons :p

Prince Charming    163

I don't think for ?200-250 there is a high-end compact, just a slightly more featured one. Canon do a powershot with the G10's sensor which is pretty badass, other than that, for a high-end compact, I'm with crazzy88ss here, thinking Leica M9s and Olympus PENs :(

Argote    73

Sorry to be an ass guys but try to help him rather than just saying a 250 pound compact does not qualify as "high-end" in the photography world.

Steve B.    467

Alright, ignore the whole high end thing, I'm just aiming for something with good image quality that's a bit better than something you get for ?100. What could you get for between ?150 and ?200? (Had to lower my budget).