What does waka waka mean?

I personally think the song sucks and Shakira was a terrible choice for an artist. Some artist FROM SOUTH AFRICA should have written and performed the official song.

World Cup Singer Dies

I don't know if "HOPE" was going to be the official song, or just the song for the opening of the ceremony, but this may explain why Shakira is performing the official song instead of someone from SA.

Just to correct the ones who mentioned Fozzie Bear, he actually says Wocka Wocka.

How do I know this (apart from been a muppet fan), the girlfriend has a personalised photo of fozzie bear, signed by Frank Oz.

On the card he wrote "Wocka, Wocka! Happy 30th Birthday Jennifer, Love Frank Oz and Fozzie Bear"

doesn't have any real meaning, its more of a sound that the singer and some people associates with tribal people.

i really think it was a bad choice of music, africa has some real nice tones and pretty decent musicians that could be used, but they gave for shakira the pleasure to make all africans sound undeveloped monkeys.

not only the music is stupid, people are complaining about the ball used too...

well honestly the only thing that i stupid here is you, to be perfectly honest i laughed when i read your answer because 1 it does have a real meaning which is "Celebration" or "Time to Celebrate".

and yes it may be so that africa has nice tones and musicians, but the whole point of the song on my perspective is to prove that many cultures can come together as one, and you should really think before you post something because you just came of as stupid and ignorant

waka?waka

The?act?of?masturbation,?striking?of?the?male?genitals

Man?#1:?"Stop?yo?Waka?waka,?my?peeps?coming?here?soon"

Man?#2:?"hey?its?my?house"

g_waka_waka.jpg

• 9 years later...