Merge 2 Hotmail accounts

Hi!

A few days ago www.hotmail.hu was started, hungarian people can have name@hotmail.hu accounts. So I decided to create my one, because I have a @hotmail.com account, and I don't want that if someone else would register my name under @hotmail.hu and confuse things.

So right now I have 2 Hotmail accounts under my name, one for @hotmail.com and the other is for @hotmail.hu.

I would like to merge them. So if somebody would send a mail to @hotmail.hu, I would receive it on my @hotmail.com. I don't want to use the mail forwarding feature because I don't want to use 2 accounts; I would like to merge them; redirect the @hotmail.hu address to my @hotmail.com address.

Is it possible? If yes, could somebody explain me the necessary steps, please?

Thank you!

I don't want to use the mail forwarding feature...

In your setting select "Forward mail to another e-mail account".

Isn't that mail forwarding, which for some reason the OP doesn't want to do?

As for the OP, let me get this right. You made a second account because you don't want someone else to take the name, but you don't want two accounts, you just want it so that messages from .hu will go to your .com account? That sounds a lot like mail forwarding to me, and you can't get around this without closing one of the accounts which will lose you the right to the address, putting you back to square one.

Isn't that mail forwarding, which for some reason the OP doesn't want to do?

Yep, I didn't read the whole post. And to think I bitch about how other people do the same thing... lol.

Yep, I didn't read the whole post. And to think I bitch about how other people do the same thing... lol.

We're all hypocrites at the end of the day :p

• 2 years later...

You can link the accounts - https://account.live.com/ManageLinks - which would allow you to switch between them quickly without having to login again, however it wouldn't physically merge the mailboxes

This is a very useful link. Finding this option is harder than before, they hid it under the Permissions tab on the left. I thought it used to be on the home page.