Yes or No: iPhone 4 brings the end for iPhone 3GS?

ClaireH

I have an iPhone 3GS, when i heard about the iPhone 4 coming news, i am very puzzled should I buy the iPhone 4 to instead of the old one? Everybody talking at the same time, one comment I read from somewhere else ?People who just bought a 3GS are currently killing themselves.? LOL

My qustion is: will iPhone 3GS stop selling? Will people then purchase iPhone 4 instead of iPhone 3GS? This article seems to show the point.http://www.notebooks.com/2010/06/10/are-you-buying-the-iphone-4-opinions-from-the-notebooks-com-team/

And another phenomenon is even though iPhone 4 hasn?t been on sale, lots of App or software for iPhone 4 has sprung up. I search on Google at random and found one like this http://www.winxdvd.com/resource/iphone-4-hd-video-converter-mac.htm

What should I do? have no idea.......

bob_loblaw

It's not gonna kill it. There are gonna be people out there who wants a cheap iPhone. They don't care that it's last generation's technology or hardware. The 3GS will be the new 3G.

Geranium_Z__NL

well you could just buy the number 4 one... but.. it will be more expensive..

I think (just a thought) the number 3 one will be good enough.

but yeah.. people always want more and better ;) soo it comes with a price. (if you have the money buy it) else.. just Buy the 3something one :)

Elliott

The iPhone 3GS will still be sold at the $99 price point (like the iPhone 3G currently is). iPhone 4 is not going to kill the iPhone 3GS, but it is going to be the latest and greatest.

evo0o

other than the price issue, i hardly think iphone 4 is going to be the 'one' yet

yes, there will be a lot of switchers and upgrades but these are mainly from the 3g and prior crowd

the only new features in my opinion is facetime (nothing a good ol' jailbreak can't fix) and the retina display

i think the 'one' that will end the 3gs would be the next iteration of the iphone that apple will release next june

that's my personal opinion, anyone else with me? :D

perochan

i have a 3G iphone and not going to upgrade it unless it is no longer working.

instant.human

the iphone 4 is essentially kinda for the folks who bought a 3G, like the 3Gs kinda was for the ones who bought a 2G, since their 2yr contracts were running out. Many people who bought the 3Gs will wait for next year for sure and then the 4 is the new 3Gs and so on. =) I quite like how they did it.

I didn't buy the 2G because of it's 1st gen taste, the 3G was more polished so I went with that. Thought about upgrading to the 3Gs but waited for the 4. For me, it was exactly the right thing. Contract running out in August but T-Mobile allows us to upgrade 6 months early, in Germany, like AT&T does in the US. My 3G is really feeling slow by now. When launching the Facebook App it takes almost a minute until I can do anything and everything is loaded up... sucks badly and is not fun anymore. And since my contract runs out anyways, it's perfect timing for me. =)