[E3 2010] Sony Press Conference

Calm down Tito! ...you're taking this way too serious. Seriously man, I don't know you, but I would suggest fresh air. Re-evaluate some things.

No, I won't bother replaying to your statements. I don't want to be the cause of your stroke. It's really not worth it. Have a good evening.

Totally calm. Just sick of the **** where us Microsoft guys get blamed for everything. And to be honest, yes ive been on microsofts side on these forums, but this gen(about the time ive been on neowin) has be microsoft for me mainly. Last gen was all PS2/Sony.

But this gen they f'd up, yet you guys believe us microsoft fanboys are something else.

What I also love is, when distinct people that love and have both platforms(AWBrian for an example in this case) still get nitpicked as a xbox fanboy when clearly he likes and plays both consoles. But when he agrees with sony everyone thinks he's a good guy.

Your not as bad as AB, ill give you that much, but man, you just need to realize whats straight. I dont care if my other reasons for hating / disliking sony are BS, but show me how you can justify PSN + and ill shut up if your right.

By "us xbox" people I mean, AWBrian who always gets hounded/Sethos/DM/ all the normal people who post in microsoft AND sony and get hounded as ms fanboys. Now DM is a bad example for this but both AWBrian and Sethos are "legit" in this case and both of them always have valid points. Yet always get stomped. Sorry getting sick of it. Ive seen you posting everywhere jutifying everything sony does, that its sad really. Ive stopped justifying everything microsoft has done, but they have been doing well, very well so far.

"Us" xbox people ? I'm sorry , are you affiliated in any way with any development program on the platform? Are you gaining any financial benefit for parading your discourse ? Each of us has their opinion and tend to get more vocal about it , but as an end user all you get is the right to use a proprietary piece of hardware .

Each company owning a product will do their best to catch the viewers attention and seize his pockets ( granted there's money in there) .

The only valid point in tens of lines is something obvious , that xbox live is still a better service then ps network . Most PS3 owners know that . Some don't need fancy options and will just settle for multiplayer , and the strong variable is that it's free.

As to who did the best job , it is fair to say that judging by the crowd's reaction - ninty and sony resonated best with the public , and they weren't the ones to BORE the audience with half an hour (go and time it) of how wonderful kinect is .

Prepare your wallets for spring 2011 .

• Like 2

"Us" xbox people ? I'm sorry , are you affiliated in any way with any development program on the platform? Are you gaining any financial benefit for parading your discourse ? Each of us has their opinion and tend to get more vocal about it , but as an end user all you get is the right to use a proprietary piece of hardware .

Each company owning a product will do their best to catch the viewers attention and seize his pockets ( granted there's money in there) .

The only valid point in tens of lines is something obvious , that xbox live is still a better service then ps network . Most PS3 owners know that . Some don't need fancy options and will just settle for multiplayer , and the strong variable is that it's free.

As to who did the best job , it is fair to say that judging by the crowd's reaction - ninty and sony resonated best with the public , and they weren't the ones to BORE the audience with half an hour (go and time it) of how wonderful kinect is .

Prepare your wallets for spring 2011 .

Read again. I was talking about "US xbox people" that get put down on these forums.

Also, you can admit its better, but most ps3 users will say PSN is better besides the free multiplayer. If once I saw any sony fan admit XBL is better then PSN besides the free multiplayer, i would never have to say anything about it agian. But no one wont and i still get people like that at work, so i continue to prove them wrong. Cant wait for tomorrow, see how they will explain PSN + to me.

My wallet is well prepared for 2011. Some great titles. GOW3, Socom 4, KZ3, MvC3(god been waiting for this game forever, sad no e3 announcement(yet?)), MGS RISING!(top priority on my list.) and thats pretty much it atm.

Dont have a XBOX 360 but i thought Microsoft's presentation was the best especially Forza + kinetic.

However Sony demonstarted some very strong games for us PS3 owners (finally) and the 3D adds to them.

Calm down Tito! ...you're taking this way too serious. "us xbox people"? Seriously man, I don't know you, but I would suggest fresh air. Re-evaluate some things.

No, I won't bother replaying to your statements. I don't want to be the cause of your stroke. It's really not worth it. Have a good evening.

Dear Sir Schizo,

Please write a three to five page compare and contrast essay detailing the pro's and con's of the Xbox Live and Playstation Network platforms. An introduction and conclusion will be necessary. You must use trustworthy sources like MajorNelson or the Tr3y Brotherhood. LensOfTruth, Wikipedia and any non-exclusive source will result in a failing grade.

Your due date is June 16th, 2010 no later than 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.

Dear Sir Schizo,

Please write a three to five page compare and contrast essay detailing the pro's and con's of the Xbox Live and Playstation Network platforms. An introduction and conclusion will be necessary. You must use trustworthy sources like MajorNelson or the Tr3y Brotherhood. LensOfTruth, Wikipedia and any non-exclusive source will result in a failing grade.

Your due date is June 16th, 2010 no later than 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.

You get a +1 cause i died laughing. I know you werent serious thats why im still laughing.

laugh.gif

Haha!

I left my pencil in my locker. If I promise not to get abducted by the 'xbox people' this time, may I have a pass to go and get it?

laugh.gif

Haha!

I left my pencil in my locker. If I promise not to get abducted by the 'xbox people' this time, may I have a pass to go and get it?

You must have missed the fine print.

Papers will be accepted in human blood. Please allow adequate time for drying.

Sikh, i think your problem is that you always sound so hostile when you make a post that people (well, i do anyway) find it difficult to take anything from it without it seeming like it contains a lot of bias and is therefore difficult to take objectively.

Anyway, for me i thought that Sony's conference was better than the MS one. MS focused too much on Kinect and it's games which i'm not interested in and not on many proper games. While Sony also talked a lot about Move (not interested in this either) they also showed more games which might appeal to me.

Is it wrong that i thought that Kinectimals was the best bit in the whole 2 hour conference? :/

Err... Yes. It was fronted by a child, something you're not telling us? :p

sony resonated best with the public , and they weren't the ones to BORE the audience with half an hour (go and time it) of how wonderful kinect is

Actually Sony did bore us with Move and 3D, just like MS bored us with Kinect.

Ok so people bash XBL But sony can pull this **** off and people will back it up.

REALLY? Everything in PSN Plus is included in XBL FREE.

LMFAO.

How do cross-game invites work on a Silver account when you can't play online? MS does Qore, orly? Silver members get priority DLC, (essentially) rental games, free games, exclusive stuff? Orly?

I'm not getting PSN+, simply because the two things that I hoped might be included (PS2 downloads and cloud servers) aren't part of it, but I can see the value for people.

Hold on, you are saying that Nintendo had the best keynote and Sony second?

Did we all watch the same thing? Microsoft blew them all away with games, hardware, services. I am not really taking sides anymore at all with this console fanboy crap, but I'm just saying.. to me personally Microsoft's presentation was absolutely the best and most diverse. They showed everything, Kinect, new Xbox, ESPN, tons of games both 3rd party and exclusives.

Is it wrong to say that bringing ESPN to a games console is the most pointless thing ever, especially since I can easily access ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNews, ESPNradio, ESPN.com, and ESPN3.com without an XBox, much less a Gold account? The implementation with Kinect is pretty cool, but I'd rather do the same thing at a place like BW3, and get served by a pretty waitress, but that's just a personal thing.

Sony didn't show any 3rd party games or exclusives?

Read again. I was talking about "US xbox people" that get put down on these forums.

LMFAO. This sounds like some sort of ****ty political debate, with Sikh taking the mantel of poor Sarah Palin against the big bad liberal media.

Best part of the MS show, as far as I could tell, was the Slim. When it drops another $50 or so, I might consider getting one.

Is it wrong to say that bringing ESPN to a games console is the most pointless thing ever, especially since I can easily access ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNews, ESPNradio, ESPN.com, and ESPN3.com without an XBox, much less a Gold account?

AFAIK, not everyone has the ESPN options at home in their livingroom. I could be wrong though.

Apparently not.

2cgfwpj.gif

??

I feel sorry for that girl. It's obvious that she isn't having any fun. Damn Microsoft and Sony showing games for kids! What has this world come to? We need government intervention! Obama, take over MS and Sony NOW, STAT!

AFAIK, not everyone has the ESPN options at home in their livingroom. I could be wrong though.

I'd say most likely, in the US, pretty much everyone who would have a Gold account (/ broadband internet). Maybe not in HD, depending on your service provider, but the interwebs would be available.

I'd say most likely, in the US, pretty much everyone who would have a Gold account (/ broadband internet). Maybe not in HD, depending on your service provider, but the interwebs would be available.

I personally would rather not sit in front of my Mac to watch ESPN shows on demand. The comfort of the 10 foot experience on my couch would be nice. Much of the US is also running on DSL internet without cable.

I personally would rather not sit in front of my Mac to watch ESPN shows on demand. The comfort of the 10 foot experience on my couch would be nice. Much of the US is also running on DSL internet without cable.

Meh, not worried about onDemand, although Time Warner has sports onDemand. If I miss a game, that's what SportsCenter and ESPNNews are for :)

No biggie, just my opnion / situation.

No biggie, just my opnion / situation.

True, and understood. I have ESPN channels (including HD) on my home service (DirecTV satellite). However, I don't have ESPN stuff on Demand, which is something I have desired on my TV. This is bonus for me.

Actually Sony did bore us with Move and 3D, just like MS bored us with Kinect.

And tons of new stuff for a handheld they already confirmed they were replacing.

Am I the only one who found Sony's press conference incredibly boring?

I haven't watched the other ones yet, but Sony was just uninspired, and they kept bragging about themselves, which made me throw up in my mouth a little each time.

Am I the only one who found Sony's press conference incredibly boring?

I haven't watched the other ones yet, but Sony was just uninspired, and they kept bragging about themselves, which made me throw up in my mouth a little each time.

I found it very boring, as was Nintendo and MS.