iPhone 4 Poll - Black or White

Are you getting the Black or White iPhone 4?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting the Black or White iPhone 4?

• Black
    • White
  2. 2. What about the bumper?

• Leave as is
    • Black
    • White
    • Pink
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Orange

It's kind of funny how for so many years, Apple's consumer products only came in white, like the iPod, then they started offering them in black and now their black products are more popular than their white products.

Engadget has a post up saying that the White iPhone 4 will not be available at launch :(

If the rumor turns out to be true, guess I will be definitely going with Black and not White.

Turns out this is true.

At least in the pictures, white looks very toyish and plasticy whereas black looks sophisticated and professional. Also, being an all glass back, it will really shine in black and would be useful to look at reflections when taking self pictures with someone. Just a thought.

Pro as in Professional. You know, kinda like how a Thinkpad looks more professional than an Alienware gamers laptop. Or a laptop bag/brief case looks more professional than a backpack. Yes it is completely subjective and a matter of opinion. I think tat the black iPhone 4 has a more professional look to it than the white one does. Not sure why that was so funny for you. But I'm glad I made you laugh.

Well that is kind of my point. Professional what? Are you saying a phone can be professional? A laptop can be professional? Professional means relating to a profession. What profession does a phone or laptop belong to.

I completely understand your point and agree with your idea. I just thought "Pro"/"Professional" sounds funny.

Well that is kind of my point. Professional what? Are you saying a phone can be professional? A laptop can be professional? Professional means relating to a profession. What profession does a phone or laptop belong to.

I completely understand your point and agree with your idea. I just thought "Pro"/"Professional" sounds funny.

Following "sense 3" of the adjective form of "Professional" found here

Meaning:

Characteristic of or befitting a profession or one engaged in a profession

Context examples:

professional conduct / professional ethics / a thoroughly professional performance

Antonym:

unprofessional (not characteristic of or befitting a profession or one engaged in a profession)

Another similar usage of the word would be describing the way a person dresses as being "professional" or "unprofessional". I'm not making up a new usage for the word, here :wacko: .

Can a phone benefit a profession? Absolutely. Can a phone be more professional than another phone and therefore benefit a person within any profession to look more professional? Absolutely.

I have a black 16 GB reserved, and I'm going to pick up a black bumper while I'm there too.

I have two black 16 reserved and probably buy a black bumper until OtterBox designs a case for the iPhone 4. The last OtterBox case I had with my 3G was superb.

Leaning more towards white. It'll make upgrading from my 3G seem like a bigger change. Something else to remember is since black absorbs heat white should stay cooler in sunlight.

I'm not paying ?25 for a rubber ring, do be serious :p

White for me. Also had a 3G for a year or two and the white will be a nice change. I also think it looks amazing in white, but a lot of people seem to think it looks cheap.

I'll probably get the blue bumper.