Cancelling Hostgator account... the most painful experience

This is the worst thing I ever been, Hosgator are the new AOL guys. What a pain in the ass, I tried to cancel my account with the proper channels and these people are a pain in the ass. Too many questions to respond, like why you are cancelling the account, blah blah... then I have to tell them step by step the paypal id transaction that took me 5 minutes for the lady to understand... :angry: then she told me that it will take a while because the cancelation department is busy... I was like WTF... it is not my damn problem, I want this account to be close today. Guys, I started this process a week ago and has not been resolved. These people are a joke, sure they offered you the best support in the industry but don't try to cancel the account, they are going to give you a lot of pain.

You implied that you called? Either way, send in a support ticket to have them look into it then.. You've got all the resources you need to get it all finished.

You implied that you called? Either way, send in a support ticket to have them look into it then.. You've got all the resources you need to get it all finished.

I already did everything under my possibilities and these people still not doing anything about it. I am a unsatisfied customer and I will tell to my friends not to deal with these people. I had a GoDaddy account and at least its easy and quick to cancel an account.

So you already opened up a support ticket to inquire about the status of your cancellation? How long ago did you open up the ticket and was a response given to you or no?

So you already opened up a support ticket to inquire about the status of your cancellation? How long ago did you open up the ticket and was a response given to you or no?

I opened a week ago and they responded back but I have to call it first and explain the situation. I already did it and these *******s are not doing anything about it.

Alright so answer this:

What did you "open" a week ago? Was it the cancellation form or was it a support ticket?

You wouldn't need to call in if you submitted an actual cancellation request.

Alright so answer this:

What did you "open" a week ago? Was it the cancellation form or was it a support ticket?

You wouldn't need to call in if you submitted an actual cancellation request.

The cancellation ticket and they still not doing **** about it.

So since you submitted your cancellation request, have you tried to make further contact with them by another support ticket or phone?

And ease up on the rage.

So since you submitted your cancellation request, have you tried to make further contact with them by another support ticket or phone?

And ease up on the rage.

Yup and they never respond back so I have to call it today and that's why of my post on top.

That made absolutely no sense.. Either way, if you still haven't called in to check in on it.. while I don't disagree with you on their tardiness with resolving it, you're also to blame for not contacting them sooner to have it resolved sooner.

Either way, good luck then.

That made absolutely no sense.. Either way, if you still haven't called in to check in on it.. while I don't disagree with you on their tardiness with resolving it, you're also to blame for not contacting them sooner to have it resolved sooner.

Either way, good luck then.

Well I thought that these *******s have a great service cancelling account like GoDaddy but their service for cancelling accounts are in the same level of AOL. It is the worst experience I ever see.

Do you pay a recurring fee? If so, just cancel the debit at your bank?

What is the problem for real? Are you trying to get a refund? if not, cancel a paypal subscription if you have one with them, and go on your way and forgot about it. They'll suspend and terminate your account for non payment.

How do I cancel a paypal subscription?

Well, given the rather large amount of clients they have, I can understand and grasp that their billing department has yet to get back to you on the cancellation request.

Regardless, it's hardly like "AOL." You fill out the form, you wait. If you don't hear a response back after 72 hours, then open up a support ticket or just call in. Answering the questions is just a way for them to see what they did wrong and how to resolve it. As far as any other questions that are asked, security purposes.

I'd hardly say that waiting for a cancellation request to go through is the "worst experience" but I digress. Just calm down about 20 notches, take a deep breath, have patience and then call them to resolve this. No need to be an angry and annoying client with a vengeance over nothing.

How do I cancel a paypal subscription?

I hate to sound rude but after your other responses, it's hard.. Google your own damn question.

That being said: Unless you specifically setup a Paypal subscription to automatically pay per billing period, do not worry about this. Joshx shouldn't have suggested this since you never specifically said "Paypal subscription."

If you simply paid your invoice(s) "manually" then there is nothing to worry about in terms of cancellation with Paypal.

I hate to sound rude but after your other responses, it's hard.. Google your own damn question.

That being said: Unless you specifically setup a Paypal subscription to automatically pay per billing period, do not worry about this. Joshx shouldn't have suggested this since you never specifically said "Paypal subscription."

If you simply paid your invoice(s) "manually" then there is nothing to worry about in terms of cancellation with Paypal.

I think the subscription is not manually , it is automatically from PayPal.

I think the subscription is not manually , it is automatically from PayPal.

You can't think. You either paid your invoice and created a Paypal subscription that automatically goes through an x-date each month/year/etc or you simply paid the invoice through Paypal. You can't just not know which one you did. They are vastly different and it even states it as such.

Not only that but Hostgator.. yet again, provides you with information about almost everything related to your account with them. They have a knowledgebase for a reason, use it.

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/billing/i-pay-using-a-paypal-subscription-why-am-i-being-contacted-to-pay