Nintendo 3DS more powerful than Wii?

Silly question here,

I have a Wii, and some of the screenshots of the new 3DS look at least on par with those of my Nintendo Wii. (or perhaps I have some very bad AV cables)

So how would you say is this thing powerful, graphics-wise?

Better than a PSP/PS2 I suppose. What do you think?

http://kotaku.com/55...llery/gallery/1

untitled-9_03.jpg

I can't tell yet, I guess everything shown, also the device itself should still be in Beta stages, so it might still improve.

In the other screen shots, a lot of the graphics look like PS1 due to all the jagged edges and stuff...

To be honest they're only running at 320x240 res, most of the time they're upscaled on the computer so jaggies are going to look rather prominent. It'll look even better on the screen itself.

Anyway, I don't think it's -more- powerful, but I do think it can maintain similar visuals to say... the Gamecube. It'll surpass the Wii eventually I think (for example, I'm not sure if the 3DS could pull off Zelda Skyward Sword).

All I must say is... THANK GOD they finally ditched the sub-n64 graphics the original DS's were stuck on. They were HIDEOUS. Maybe the next SNES Final Fantasy remake will look beautiful (FF6 with these graphics would surely be more than acceptable!). I never liked how the FF3/FF4 remakes looked on the DS, wished they were remade on the Wii instead. Now I may not have to wish that for future remakes.

Then of course there's the whole 3D effect that none of us can actually see till we have the thing in our hands. I'm guessing it'll at least be somewhat nice to look at. :)

OFFTOPIC: idoia, who is the girl in your sig/ava? looks good, any wallpapers etc of her?

To be honest they're only running at 320x240 res, most of the time they're upscaled on the computer so jaggies are going to look rather prominent. It'll look even better on the screen itself.

Anyway, I don't think it's -more- powerful, but I do think it can maintain similar visuals to say... the Gamecube. It'll surpass the Wii eventually I think (for example, I'm not sure if the 3DS could pull off Zelda Skyward Sword).

Ah, I see. In that case, I'm sure it'll look great in it's native resolution :D

Yeah, it's much easier for handhelds to have weaker graphics because they render in such a low resolution, high details are not as needed. However, the original DS/DSLite/DSi graphics were so pitiful even for the small resolution they had.

Definitely a welcome advancement in graphics! Nintendo is finally catching up in the graphics world. Let's hope next will be a 1080p Wii system!

Actually 400X240 is the top screen res for each eye, total res is 800X240 for the top screen when 3d is off

e3-2010-ocarina-of-time-3ds-on-the-way-20100615014852708.jpg

e3-2010-ocarina-of-time-3ds-on-the-way-20100615014900411.jpg

Graphics I think are just for the OoT remake

I don't know, I don't like the screens I've seen but I need to see this in person. I don't think it is more powerful than the Wii but no doubt they are a lot better than DS graphics. :D

Once thing is for sure, the 3DS just kicked the PSP in the nuts lol

Those graphics look amazing!

Now I'm really eager to see what the next Pokemon game will look like :o

PKMN Black and White is the next Pokemon game. But the question is... Is there a 3DS version?

PKMN Black and White is the next Pokemon game. But the question is... Is there a 3DS version?

I'm guessing the 3rd version will be a 3DS special.

You guys are right about the graphics. PS1, I would even go and say SNES like graphics like Donkey Kong Country 2

--------->>

totally agree

No, it is not faster. Should be around Gamecube/Xbox in terms of technology.

All I must say is... THANK GOD they finally ditched the sub-n64 graphics the original DS's were stuck on.

Actually, DS have much better looking games than N64. DS is much more powerful than the N64. Especially when it comes to pushing polygons.