Are you using new Hotmail?

Thats what he said; Cheap.

Being streamlined and minimal doesn't mean it's cheap, actually it's the other way around in my opinion. But we could keep on arguing for days, it's all about personal preference in the end.

I have always preferred Hotmail over Gmail. The new Hotmail makes it even better. Gmail simply sucks compared to Hotmail.

I have always preferred Hotmail over Gmail. The new Hotmail makes it even better. Gmail simply sucks compared to Hotmail.

Thank you captain obvious :blink:

I can?t see the "New Hotmail" being better than Gmail...

I think we all will know that when we actually use it. In my opinion, many Gmail users will move to (the new) Hotmail.

• 1 month later...

I like the new version of hotmail. it is very streamlined and much better than yahoo mail's new version. However, I use hotmail email address as disposable address but I am considering creating another useful account there.

I think we all will know that when we actually use it. In my opinion, many Gmail users will move to (the new) Hotmail.

Not a chance.

It may be more streamlined, but since I don't use Bing or Office Live, that doesn't matter. I actually think the left margin is not as clean as it was on Wave 3. The only reason I use Hotmail is for my Messenger contacts and the fact my Steam login can't be changed.

I jut got it on all 3 of my accounts (Y). I had to sign out and sign back in for it to work. Also I get it only from Chrome. From IE8, I still get wave3 ("old") Hotmail blink.gif

I got it too and immidiately found a strange bug. If you go to "Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts" options, Hotmail will go back to Wave 3 blink.gif

Got it yesterday here.

Only thing is if you use the bing bar hotmail button you get the wave 3 version.

Changed to gmail as soon as I received my invite (back when it was invite-only, circa 2005 IIRC) and never looked back. Hotmail is simply CRAPPY and BLOATED.

Yeah it was cool when it was invite only, it kinda made me feel special lol.I haven't used hotmail in years.I only have an account there so I can sign up for different websites and not have spam go to my regular account.

Finally I got it today! But I heard that I can see the preview of Office documents in the mail, but I do not see them? Is it not enabled yet or what?

Yeah, the Bing Bar does send you back to Wave 3 (you have to log out and back in to get Wave 4 back).

The funny thing is, I did switch from the old MSN Hotmail to GMail back when it was invite only in 2005. I started checking out Hotmail after Windows Live Wave 2 when I started using SkyDrive and found it to be just as effective for my uses as GMail was (I never used any of the advanced functionality in GMail anyway). Been using Hotmail ever since.

It is easy, if you own a domain, you can get large number of custom domain accounts with Windows Live Domains, for free.

Yeah but the big problem here is the signature Hotmail automatically adds to emails sent out. I would be using it as my primary email (instead of my own IMAP server) if they didn't do this.