For years, Muhammad Parvez had been in absolute control of his family: he set the rules, he made the decisions and he told his eight children, including the adult ones, exactly how to live their lives.

But Aqsa Parvez, 16, the youngest in the family, dared to challenge her father?s rule.

She first refused his demands to wear the hijab and the traditional Pakistani clothing her four older sisters always wore. She hung out with girls outside her own culture and when things became intolerable at home, she opted to live in a shelter.

Even when Parvez relented, and allowed her to wear urban-style jeans and T-shirts to school, she still wanted more freedom. Her father wouldn?t allow her to go to her friend?s homes or to the mall on the weekends. Even talking on the phone at night was forbidden. Eventually, she ran away for a second time.

Her defiance was the ultimate insult in the eyes of her domineering father. It was all too much for Muhammad Parvez to take.

On the morning of Dec. 10, 2007, Aqsa was murdered in the basement bedroom of her Mississauga home. Her room was the only bedroom without a door.

For more of the story click below:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/824133--i-killed-my-daughter-with-my-hands?bn=1

Absolutely disgusting :( So sad.

i'd blame the people, not the religion/faith...

when you misinterpret something you just take what you want out of it...it's despicable. i'm not muslim but i have friends who are and it's not something they'd ever imagine experiencing in their wildest dreams.

RIP poor girl...i'm glad her killers got the life sentence for this.

It's sad but this is not a shock. Being a parent, I cannot fathom what goes through these ****tard's heads that they could justify this.

when you misinterpret something you just take what you want out of it...it's despicable. i'm not muslim but i have friends who are and it's not something they'd ever imagine experiencing in their wildest dreams.

Both culture/tradition and/or religion are to blame for this. Religon serves no purpose at all, other that to divide people and create differences.

when you misinterpret something you just take what you want out of it

Religion is a method of mind control anyway so i say blame the tools both of them.

I read the article and to be honest this has nothing to do with religion, but rather with culture and peer pressure. Reading through it, the article states many times how the family tried to compromise on the girl's wishes and I'm surprised how the family give the girl that kind of freedom, which in Pakistan is very much unheard of. Maybe if she hadn't run away or the family as a whole went to seek professional help, things could have turn out differently. As it is, I'm sadden by her death, as well as the family as they now have to live knowing that two of their own took her life away.

Scirwode

I had a neighbor who did the exact same thing, His daughter liked a dutch guy, and she refused to cover her face.

So she ran away, after a while they made up and went on vacation to Turkey, her fathers home country.

This is where he killed her with a shotgun, the reason he gave? she apparently wasn't a virgin. Well the autopsy said otherwise.

The kicker is, Turkey just banned honor killings and he was sentenced to life in prison.

Her room was the only bedroom without a door.

I'm confused. How did people get in and out of the room then? :p

Join Islam, its a peaceful religion they said.

That's a pretty big generalisation there.

Please, please, please can we just put a bullet in his head? There's no rehabilitating people like this. He has nothing to add to this planet, humanity and society in general. Lets get rid of him, hands down.

Please, please, please can we just put a bullet in his head? There's no rehabilitating people like this. He has nothing to add to this planet, humanity and society in general. Lets get rid of him, hands down.

Bullets cost way to much, i suggest doing it old stile, tie them to a pole and let them starve to death.

The author of this threads intention is interesting. He didn't publish this "news" article here to tell you about this a$$ hole who murdered his daughter, but rather to cement hated in your minds about Islam rather then the murderer.

Yes Mr Original Poster, we see through your pathetic little game. Divide and Concur.

+1

The kicker is, Turkey just banned honor killings and he was sentenced to life in prison.

good.

I'm confused. How did people get in and out of the room then? :p

That's a pretty big generalisation there.

basically doorless path ;)

Happens in America all the time, by Christians.

Yeah I hear about Christians murdering their own family members all of the time due to their wacko beliefs <sarcasm>.