Join Islam, its a peaceful religion they said.

As if never anything bad happened in the name of Christianity, Judaism etc. Way to generalize hundreds of millions of people that happen to be Muslim.

One post like this, and everyone suddenly goes anti-Islam. But really, I'd say that it's the people that define something, be it a country or a religion. Which is why we, at times, catch ourselves saying, "man, [something] just doesn't feel right, whatever happened to the old ways?" People change, thinking changes, the definition of that concept changes, too. So, don't blame the religion, blame the animals.. err, humans!

I don't know how a parent can choose religion over their own children and even more so, kill them for trying to integrate themselves in a society ... (why in the blue f@ck they they come to Canada)

The author of this threads intention is interesting. He didn't publish this "news" article here to tell you about this a$$ hole who murdered his daughter, but rather to cement hated in your minds about Islam rather then the murderer.

Yes Mr Original Poster, we see through your pathetic little game. Divide and Concur.

facepalm.jpg

So Honor Killings are a muslim thing then nothing to do with Islam in any way????

Thats what i thought.

Thats Canada alright and our policy to let people in from every cave around the 3rd world. When people will realize that not everyone is fit to become part of the Western World?

I don't know how a parent can choose religion over their own children and even more so, kill them for trying to integrate themselves in a society ... (why in the blue f@ck they they come to Canada)

It's not over religion, it's over themselves. "You did this, you've disgraced me and the family! People will spit on us now! No one will respect us in the society anymore! So, I have to set an example that I'm the overlord. Now.. DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!"

It's funny when muzlim apologists claim Christianity is just as bad, this is typically based on the barbaric past during the time of the crusades, but why is it the apologists don't speak about the barbaric and murderous muzlim past?

Thats Canada alright and our policy to let people in from every cave around the 3rd world. When people will realize that not everyone is fit to become part of the Western World?

Agreed. Also, there's other possibilities. Foresee what you might do if something like this happens. Don't have children, maybe? Send them to relatives somewhere else (and blame them later, if the child get spoiled :p)? Communicate and understand what's causing the rebellion (which obviously seems like lack of understanding and love from the dad)? There's so much that can be done, given that the person is willing to get this head out of his arse and think.

It's funny when muzlim apologists claim Christianity is just as bad, this is typically based on the barbaric past during the time of the crusades, but why is it the apologists don't speak about the barbaric and murderous muzlim past?

It's bad all over. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus. Whatever the religion, whatever the label, it's still on a group of humans. And humans are humans, everywhere. There's good, there's bad. Sometimes, the good come in the spotlight, sometimes they don't. :)

RIP girl, you never deserved this.... :(

Every religion should be banished IMHO. Why I think Religion is not needed anymore?

Well I understand that people needed something to hold onto in the past but why would we still need it? Our society, as flawed as it might or might not be, I think it would work without religion, it only adds unnecessary rules and morals...

I have nothing against people praying to a higher being in bad times, that is fine but please get rid of the rest.

I also find it funny how many parents try to follow the "No sex before marriage" principle.

Biologically speaking the sole purpose of humans is to multiply, same as with every other being, so why suddenly add some rules out of nowhere that nobody can proof why they even exist :blink:

But I'm getting off-topic, the abolishment of Religion will probably never happen so I atleast hope for a law that allows children at the age of lets say 15 to opt out of their families religion if they wish to. If the family is against it, the child should be allowed to be adopted if it wishes to, to prevent such sad happenings.

Why would that change anything? I don't think that the argument is that Islam is more peaceful than Christianity, but rather that religion doesn't have much to do with it. Nutcases will be nutcases.

When a Christian loses it and goes on a shooting spree in the US, the headline reads "Man goes on shooting spree." If he's a muslim, it reads "Muslim man goes on shooting spree."

I somehow doubt that the thoughts going through this man's head had much to do with what his god wanted when he was strangling his daughter. More likely he wasn't thinking about much at all. He was probably filled with misguided rage about respect and honor. I agree with some of you that a lot of religious teachings are very misguided, as are a lot of the traditions and values closely associated with religion. I disagree that the root concept of believing in a God causes this.

I can't say how glad I am this happened in Toronto and not Pakistan.

Now he will surely face punishment.

:rolleyes:

He would face a death sentence here too. Our justice system may be slow (like the rest of the world) but it is efficient.

So Honor Killings are a muslim thing then nothing to do with Islam in any way????

Thats what i thought.

You thought wrong fortunately.

Honor Killings are not an Islamic thing in any way.

These things are done by dumb uneducated pieces of **** who deserve to rot in jail. There is no justification for such barbaric acts.

The author of this threads intention is interesting. He didn't publish this "news" article here to tell you about this a$$ hole who murdered his daughter, but rather to cement hated in your minds about Islam rather then the murderer.

Yes Mr Original Poster, we see through your pathetic little game. Divide and Concur.

What the hell are you talking about? I posted most of the story then a link to the remaining of the story... and said it was absolutely disgusting... which is it... do you know my background? or anything about me at all to make the rediculous claim you just made?

No, I didn't think so.

everytime people died, religous is always the blame of it. and yes, religions should be abolished.

This kind of thing seems to be the default answer in threads like this. It is such a worthless thing to say. Religion has been at the forefront of lifestyle and culture since the dawn of man, you can't suddenly abolish it. It just doesn't work like that unfortunately.

Father, son get life terms in Aqsa Parvez slaying

No parole for 18 years in 'honour killing'

Aqsa Parvez's father and her brother have been sentenced to life in prison for what the judge called the "twisted and repugnant" murder of the 16-year-old.

Read More

Life isn't much in Canada, but I'm glad they tried to give them the hardest sentence possible.

White north american males something kill their kid too. Motive might be different but the result is the same.

Your going to deny that it's a bigger problem with South Asian Muslims here in Canada?

The father, mother and brother of three teenage girls from Montreal whose bodies were found in a submerged car in a Kingston, Ont., canal were charged Thursday with killing them and a woman believed to be the father's first wife.

Zainab Shafia, 19, Sahar Shafia, 17, and Geeti Shafia, 13, were found dead last month along with Rona Amir Mohammed, 50, in a submerged car at a Rideau Canal lock near Kingston.

Source

That was last year. South Asians make up only 4.00% of Ontario's population and Muslims even smaller. Let's not be blind here and start pointing fingers elsewhere.

This kind of thing seems to be the default answer in threads like this. It is such a worthless thing to say. Religion has been at the forefront of lifestyle and culture since the dawn of man, you can't suddenly abolish it. It just doesn't work like that unfortunately.

Religion has been at the forefront of my parents (so by extension, mine) lifestyle and culture since the day I was born, and I did just that: I suddenly abolished it out of my life. No more religion for me. It wasn't very hard, and I'm much happier.

I don't blame Islam. I blame this man's interpretation of Islam. I'm not sure why, but nuts seem to be attracted to politics and religion. This man was clearly a nut. He is not typical of most Muslims.

what I fail to understand is why Islamists and people who live the strict culture of their religion, live in a western christian founded country?.

I don't have a problem with Muslims wear a hijab or burka in their own country, but they come to Europe and North America and live like they do in the middle east.

Now the problem I also have is if a westerner would not conform to an Islamic Sharia law in the middle east they would be executed, so as far as i'm concerend the same

should appy in the west, that Isalmists must conform to Western Culture and Not wear Burka's or Hijabs etc.. if you want to waer that crap live in your own damn country and not in the

Chrisitan founded countries.