(Poll) Potential Names For New Band

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which Of These Band Names Do You Like

• The Ill Concept
    • Man Destroyed Man
    • Delete Society
    • Official Artificial

Okay, my old band from over 15 years ago may be getting back together. It is hard to say, we only have our first practice tonight (rehearsal just sounds so stuffy to me), so it may not happen, but the other guys have already pretty much said since I write all of the lyrics and sing, that they trust me to name the band.

I had a list of over 75 names (not kidding) and the above 4 are the ones that I personally feel have made the cut (and that also had URL's actually).

Please Note - I did not put an any of the above, as if you do not like any of these, then that is that. No need to vote.

Just so you know, we are what people would refer to as a hardcore band. I know hardcore is also a form of techno or electronica music, but it is not that kind. It is the heavy metal / punk rock type of hardcore.

Our original band was called Elements DEC (Dead End Concept), but we do not want to use that older name for several reasons, the main one being we all feel it is dated and not that good anymore.

Also a big thing to keep in mind, is my lyrics tend to be more on the serious side, and usually about society, etc.

Here is our My Space "Tribute" page so you can hear the type of music I am somewhat talking about, although chances are we will progress on the music side of things, it will still be in the same vein.

Here are two examples of the lyrics I write...

Hesitation Is The Enemy

a fascination with degradation

but it's all a fabrication

check the nation

communication none, gratification some, relations are done

a creation of devastation meant for elation

innovation numb

education with regulations

classifications, insubordination

frustrations with designations a realization no time for contemplation

frustrations with designations a realization no time for contemplation

hesitation is the enemy

hesitation, the enemy

hesitation

the enemy

hesitation is the enemy

be aware we are almost there

stop but don't start

feel but don't care

don't even dare to speak

turn the other cheek, stay week

Win Or Lose

as soon as your born you're in the match

there's no turning back once your caught in the trap

the truth, the fake cant take

the truth, can break a heart

take apart a soul that was weak from the start

you'll get burned, if you play with fire

with desires think twice or pay the price

sacrifice what could have been

win or lose

its all just a game

all about numbers

not of names

it's a constant race with no finish

those who win are those who don't diminish

against the wall i best maintain

i know pain cause i've seen pain

but you, you don't you cant cope

see you, had it all

it was always there you weren't prepared for the fall

lessons learned, are those lost

toss the dice you might pay the price

sacrifice what could have been

win or lose

its all just a game

all about numbers

not of names

it's a constant race with no finish

those who win are those who don't diminish

So that is it really, just wondering what the members here think is a good name for the band. Also keep things in mind like visuals, logo, etc. I know which one I like, but am curious to see.

I think you are onto something with 'Delete Society', maybe something like 'Null Society'?

I voted 'Delete Society' definitely.

All I will say is Interesting. :shifty:

And actually Singh, Null Society is a pretty damn cool variation. (Y) Actually I like that a whole lot the more I think about it, as since I also design as well, Null has a lot of graphic possibilities as well.

Thanks so far guys. (Y)

Reboot The World

Not bad.

Actually not bad at all. I though of Shutdown, already was a band name, then Shutdown Sequence, already was a band name, so Reboot is kind of interesting actually.

Ctrl-Z (Undo Society)

I actually think that is interesting too, except I would maybe (or maybe not actually now that I write it) spell Control out. Ctrl is kind of cool. (Y)

Thing to keep in mind is as much as I like the computer related terms (like Sudo Society is pretty damn cool too) it may be a hard sell on the other guys, may not be, as I am the only one that is into computers at all.

Interesting though, Delete Society is in the lead right now. :yes:

The drummer said he did not like Delete as it was "to negative," but I think it works myself. :laugh:

"Rubber" band ...:whistle:

LOL this has to be a name, will be right back to check...

Knew it had to be a bands name.

Honestly that is the hardest part about this, SO many names have already been used.

Well, not on your poll, but how about:

Poets of a Dead Society

To paraphrase the movie title: Dead Poets Society

Yeah actually that is pretty damn cool. And I checked and no one uses it...

It kind of sounds like a spoken word troop or something, but it actually could work, some of my favorite bands names have been ones that sound like one genre and are totally different than that.

I like it. (Y)

I voted Delete Society, but I also like it's variations, Null Society and Undo Society (no Ctrl + Z, just the words).

Also though I should add, interesting enough my two favorite names are the ones that are currently in the lead. (Y)

I voted Delete Society, but I also like it's variations, Null Society and Undo Society (no Ctrl + Z, just the words).

Yep I do agree, and honestly this fits my lyrics and overall "tone" the best as well, since they tend to be more on the sociological side of things.

I myself find " The Ill Concept " to be the best and I would say go for that but a lot of people here seem to like " Delete Society " and it's variations. Aside from that it's really good to hear that you guys might be getting together as I have heard your stuff and it is def better than the majority of the garbage that they call "music" these days. Keep us updated brother!

Delete Society just doesn't conjure the same mental image as Null Society. Nor does it have a good ring to it in my head.

OT: Twisted Nails is another one that I have often day dreamed about.

I voted "Man Destroyed Man" solely because when you'll get famous it'd be cool for people to just say MDM, and I'm sure you'll get famous :blush:

I myself find " The Ill Concept " to be the best and I would say go for that but a lot of people here seem to like " Delete Society " and it's variations. Aside from that it's really good to hear that you guys might be getting together as I have heard your stuff and it is def better than the majority of the garbage that they call "music" these days. Keep us updated brother!

Thank You Sir.

See it is a tie for me, I also really like the Ill Concept. It fits the tone well, and also where I actually got the name from is Q-Tip in a Tribe Called Quest song, although I forget exactly which one it is. There is a Hip Hop record label called Ill Concept Records, but I think we are different enough in genre people would not get confused. :laugh:

Thing is though Delete Society, or Null Society, has not been really used for anything music related, so I am leaning towards that just for the sake of full originality.

Delete Society just doesn't conjure the same mental image as Null Society. Nor does it have a good ring to it in my head.

OT: Twisted Nails is another one that I have often day dreamed about.

Already a band name.

It is really harder than it sounds to come up with a band name. I spent literally 6 hours the one night thinking of names, then about 4 the next night, then all I did was google search to see if they were taken. About 98% of them were. :blink: And I mean some pretty obscure ones as well.

So ran everything buy those guys last night, I am almost positive it is going to be a variation of Delete or Null society, probably Delete as Null was not liked by a few, but there is still hope.

Thanks again all.