The Gates (Season 1)

663911023t.jpg123310284t.jpg987120977t.jpg202294965t.jpg993924672t.jpg652993055t.jpg652971183t.jpg973254201t.jpg415827583t.jpg

Nick Monahan and his family move from Chicago to a quiet, upscale planned community called The Gates, where he will be chief of police. They soon realize that their neighbors are not who they seem to be.

# Frank Grillo as Nick Monahan, a former Chicago cop who has moved his family to a quiet community for his new job as the chief of police.

# Marisol Nichols as Sarah Monahan, Nick's wife

# Travis Caldwell as Charlie Monahan, Nick and Sarah's teenage son.

# Luke Mably as Dylan Radcliff, the owner of a biotech company who lives in the neighborhood; he is a vampire.

# Rhona Mitra as Claire Radcliff, Dylan's wife and homemaker, she is also a vampire but not as interested as Dylan is in assimilating with the neighbors.

# Janina Gavankar as Leigh Turner, an attractive female cop who works with Nick.

# Skyler Samuels as Andie Bates, a teenage girl in the neighborhood on whom Charlie has a crush.

# Victoria Platt as Peg Mueller, the owner of an exotic/magical tea shop.

# Chandra West as Devon, a former prot?g? of Peg, who opens a competing tea shop.

# Justin Miles as Marcus Jordan, an over-eager police deputy who works with Nick.

# Colton Haynes as Brett Crezski, the typical popular high school athlete, who is Andie's boyfriend and a werewolf.

ANOTHER Vampire related show? When will this trend end?

True Blood is one thing, but there really an way too many trying to capitalize on the success of Twilight (HATE IT) and others.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Very soon the entire market will be over saturated with this kind of thing.

True Blood is one thing, but there really an way too many trying to capitalize on the success of Twilight (HATE IT) and others.

yeah its vamp related but there's other supernatural elements...I like the idea of a community of creatures but I dont see it going past a first season.

I agree that the community concept is quite interesting, kind of like 'a town called eureka' I'm thinking.

I'll be watching the first episode tomorrow on Hulu, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

I just watched first episode and I have to say it wasn't bad, yeah what Rob said it pretty true its Twilight but it not the romance like Twilight the vamps are quite are quite cool plus you have weres and witches so its not bad but the ratings were very low like 4.7m but it won the hour.

I'll definitely watch next week!

I just saw the first episode, I missed it last week, so I had to look for it in other ways. I had no idea what it was about, I was shocked when a Vampire pops up, and then Werewolves.

What makes you say that?

He might be right, this is mid-year replacement, seeing as how a lot of TV shows take hiatus for the summer months and usually come back in either October or November. I remember when a TV series' season was from September to June.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Multiple sources are reporting the Gates and Scoundrels have been canceled by ABC. No official announcement has been made yet though. The Gates star Frank Grillo semi-confirmed the rumors tweeting "I'm told from a friend at ABC that The Gates are closing. No season 2 "

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/gates-and-scoundrels-cancelled-by-abc.html#ixzz11cwuNz9f

:(

Multiple sources are reporting the Gates and Scoundrels have been canceled by ABC. No official announcement has been made yet though. The Gates star Frank Grillo semi-confirmed the rumors tweeting "I'm told from a friend at ABC that The Gates are closing. No season 2 "

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/gates-and-scoundrels-cancelled-by-abc.html#ixzz11cwuNz9f

:(

****ing ******** :angry:

Why do they always have to cancel the good shows :cry: