[WC2010] Game 23 - England vs. Algeria

Who will win game 23?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. England, Algeria or Draw?

2. 2. How many goals will England score?

3. 3. How many goals will Algeria score?

The game will be played in Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town on the 18th of? June 2010 @ 20:30 (local time)

Referee: Ravshan Irmatov (Uzbekistan)

Assistant referees:

Rafael Ilyasov (Uzbekistan)

Bakhadyr Kochkarov (Kyrgyzstan)

Fourth official:

Michael Hester (New Zealand)

Fifth official:

Jan Hendrik Hintz (New Zealand)

I personally think England will win since Algeria didn't perform that well on their last game, 2-0 seems about right.

Fell free to discuss!

this is the big one!

2-1 to England but I have this strange feeling it could be a draw but I just want to think win! :p

England should win 3-0. It's such an important game for England. They must win and win by a big margin. Because, it's very important to finish on top of Group C. If they finish on top, their route to the semi-final becomes much easier. They will then face Ghana in the last 16 and Mexico/Uruguay in the quarters. On the other hand, if they finish second in their group, they will face Germany and Argentina. The whole tournament depends on the outcome of this match. So, England should be very aggressive from the start.

England 3 - 0. Faith brothers!

yea, let's have some faith.. let's hope they can win ;)

but I don't think they will be able to make 3-0. more likely 2-0 or 2-1.. most probably 2-1.

England should win 3-0. It's such an important game for England. They must win and win by a big margin. Because, it's very important to finish on top of Group C. If they finish on top, their route to the semi-final becomes much easier. They will then face Ghana in the last 16 and Mexico/Uruguay in the quarters. On the other hand, if they finish second in their group, they will face Germany and Argentina. The whole tournament depends on the outcome of this match. So, England should be very aggressive from the start.

Ouch :pinch: I know which route I'd prefer, that's painful :o Germany/Argentina are probably our two biggest rivals on the international stage, Germany for 1966 final/1990 semi final and the last 8 of euro 1996.. Argentina for the hand of god match in 1986/falklands war

Still, if we really do think of ourselves "the best team in the world" we should be able to beat both of those :p

I cant see anything other than an england win on this game, we need to win and we should do it. I predict 3-0 but knowing england it could just be a 1-0.

5-1 to England I reckon.

Heres the team I think Capello should stick out:

Green

A.Cole

Terry

Upson

Carragher

J.Cole

Gerrard

Lampard

Lennon

Defoe

Rooney

Gives alot of fast, nice attacking options and Rooney has proven he can play well with Defoe. Or, alternatively stick Rooney by himself up front and use Gerrard as a link between midfield and the front, and using Gareth Barry (who is confirmed to play) as the defensive cover for midfield.

But Robbie Green MUST play.

Oh well thats it then. Robert Green will be destroyed mentally.

I think he's already destroyed mentally. But this puts as much pressure on the selected goalie as it would've on Green, if not more. Most opportunities for success are also opportunities for failure. I'm pulling for the latter. Then I'll sit on the couch with some popcorn and watch Londoners take to the streets and wreck half the city.