Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

See the symbols for delete and copy.

They look fine?

Perhaps we should also add "or lack there of" to the end of this topic title - each time I see it I think it's been released but it hasn't. :\

"Show Webcam" is a very useful feature too you know :p I hope they don't bin it..

They did bin it.. they made it into one feature now, called "Video calls"

They had an explanatoin why they did, it was two different codings they had to do, and one would conflict with the other blah blah blah server stuff and that, so they just simplified it down to one "Video calls" and you can mute ur mic, hide ur cam, blah blah blah.. i wish i had that video.

babysexydoll09 is correct; they haven't removed it, they've just changed it: http://www.liveside.net/main/archive/2010/05/24/official-clarification-about-the-changed-webcam-functionality-in-windows-live-messenger-wave-3.aspx

:)

Guys chill out, we'll have a beta in a couple of days as far as I'm aware. ;)

Guys chill out, we'll have a beta in a couple of days as far as I'm aware. ;)

I heard that MS will release public beta at the end of June which is not "couple of days" ;)

I heard that MS will release public beta at the end of June which is not "couple of days" ;)

They also say 2 days :woot:

;)

Its not the same.. In video calls the camera zooms in and the video quality is poor..

Ah, I see. Sorry - I didn't know as I've not tried it - I just read where it said in the article that it's the same :p

Does anyone know the correct release date of WL Essentials 2011 Beta, not quoting Fransico Martin Garcia as a source... (cause I dont believe him)

Maybe this time he's right. Wikikou.fr confirm public beta will be released soon, very soon.

Google Translate:

Windows Live Messenger 2011Ce was only a matter of time before a new version of Windows Live products Essentials 2011 is published on the Internet illegally.

Stamped 15.3.2688.420, this version is a transition there was currently the BETA testers can install the version 15.3.2804.607.

Windows Live Messenger 2011 Milestone 3

While access to Windows Live Messenger 2011 is still restricted to VIP testers, things should change in the coming days with the arrival of the public BETA.

Update: Note that this build is not affected by the recent lifting of restrictions connection made by Microsoft.

We will not give any download link for obvious reasons of confidentiality.

Also found this:

Until now, users of Windows Live Messenger 2011 BETA not part of the group of testers could not connect to Messenger.

Now, the latest versions of Windows Live Messenger 2011 BETA allow connection to Messenger unrestricted access. As a reminder, a version of Windows Live products leakée Essentials 2011 was on the Net.

The latter is too old to be able to connect to Messenger. It was not until the release of a newer version.

Subsequently, any user can connect to Messenger 2011, without applying any patch.

Source

Where the heck are they getting the 100 invites from?

Microsoft, microsoft retweeted it on Twitter too... So MS did.

I used it and installed back the old lovely wlm.

But, lols cannot sign in.....

Did you slowly delete all Live softwares. Or just the Live Essentials?