Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

Its coming in a few more hours, probably the 15th. I have noticed the "15th" is a day when beta's are released for Windows Live.

On October 13, 2005, Yahoo! and Microsoft announced plans to introduce interoperability between their two messengers

Interoperability between Yahoo! and Windows Live Messenger was launched July 12, 2006.

The first beta of the newly renamed Windows Live Messenger, Beta 1, was released on December 13, 2005

The official release of Windows Live Messenger version 8.0 was on June 19, 2006

On December 15, 2008, Windows Live Messenger 2009 RC (Build 14.0.8050.1202) was released together with the other Windows Live Wave 3 software applications, now renamed as Windows Live Essentials.[40] This version saw a removal of the custom sign-in sound feature however it is still possible to select a sound for other individuals, as well as changes to how the background image chosen is applied to the conversation windows. This build also included over 200 bug fixes including the "Custom Emoticon Bug" and saving of pictures when using the Photo sharing feature. On January 7, 2009, the same build was released as the final version of Windows Live Messenger 2009.[41]

Notice anything..

Its coming in a few more hours, probably the 15th. I have noticed the "15th" is a day when beta's are released for Windows Live.

On October 13, 2005, Yahoo! and Microsoft announced plans to introduce interoperability between their two messengers

Interoperability between Yahoo! and Windows Live Messenger was launched July 12, 2006.

The first beta of the newly renamed Windows Live Messenger, Beta 1, was released on December 13, 2005

On December 15, 2008, Windows Live Messenger 2009 RC (Build 14.0.8050.1202) was released together with the other Windows Live Wave 3 software applications, now renamed as Windows Live Essentials.[40] This version saw a removal of the custom sign-in sound feature however it is still possible to select a sound for other individuals, as well as changes to how the background image chosen is applied to the conversation windows. This build also included over 200 bug fixes including the "Custom Emoticon Bug" and saving of pictures when using the Photo sharing feature. On January 7, 2009, the same build was released as the final version of Windows Live Messenger 2009.[41]

Notice anything..

Yes. No beta's were released on the 15th.

On December 15, 2008, Windows Live Messenger 2009 RC (Build 14.0.8050.1202) was released together with the other Windows Live Wave 3 software applications, now renamed as Windows Live Essentials.[40]??This version saw a removal of the custom sign-in sound feature however it is still possible to select a sound for other individuals, as well as changes to how the background image chosen is applied to the conversation windows. This build also included over 200 bug fixes including the "Custom Emoticon Bug" and saving of pictures when using the Photo sharing feature. On January 7, 2009, the same build was released as the final version of Windows Live Messenger 2009.[41]

Notice anything..

lol

They redirect to MSN.com.

that's right. but just for now :) this is the offical download links, they are not up yeat.

but they will be, TODAY!

It should have been released before. Wave 4 is overdue now.

Never let MS rush a product, look at Vista.. (not saying it was a bad OS, but it wasn't a great one).

I used 3 types of uninstaller and zap uninstaller.

Uninstalled, when install back the stable wlm cannot login, install back beta cannot even run any live softwares.

I used 3 types of uninstaller and zap uninstaller.

Uninstalled, when install back the stable wlm cannot login, install back beta cannot even run any live softwares.

I think there is a registry entry you just need to remove and it'd work fine again, but not 100% sure on that, too late now anyways! haha.

*waiting impatiently*

What time is it where it's meant to be "released on the 15th"?

I ask because I'm in Australia and it's 7:30pm here and no idea what time to expect it. :p

I guess I'll just get back to study, hopefully it'll be up by the time I get to bet at around 3...

I found another website. Maybe it is download from there...

http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/

You see this whole website does not need to login or something, but when you change its url...

http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/download

Username and Password. However, I could not login..............

I think that's for reviewers like Neowin and Engadget.