Eminem Recovery

I've been playing recovery since last monday and in my opinion its his greatest album since the Marshall Mathers LP, if not equal to The Eminem Show. Some think its his worst effort, aside from Encore and that Relapse beats this, but in my opinion those people do not know what Punchlines, Metaphors and such are and do not appreciate what makes a great album. Its also interesting to hear Eminem over different beats, rather than just Dr. Dre production (Dre only produced 'So Bad').

There are two bonus tracks coming soon as well, the snippets i've heard sound good but its clear why they were kept for bonus material.

Track 17 - Untitled is by far one of my favourites, its produced by Havoc and his flow, lyricism is just perfect.

Not Afraid & Won't Back down to me are the weaker songs on the album but i enjoy them all the same.

Discuss!

I haven't got the album yet, heard great stuff about it though, no negative comments.

Listened to a few tracks on youtube and have been extremely impressed.

I might have to grab this when I next go to HMV.

Thats excellent. Personally, i havent had anything bad to say, but i've seen a few 'negative' or 'not brilliant' reviews, by people giving Drake's thank me later album a better review and that just doesnt make sense to me. I don't hate or dislike Drake and i have his album too, but Recovery is a much stronger effort imho.

i've gone through it about three-four times and anyone who compares this to marshal mathers LP or slim shady is retarded. This album sounds like all the other crap on the radio. lyrically it's pretty good, but beatwise, flow wise.. generic radio garbage. I honestly listened to it fully three times and then listened to the marshal mathers LP right after and it wasn't even close. If Eminem is trying to go back to the days of marshal mathers LP why isn't ANYONE from d12 featured on the album? Where are all the detroit guys? Instead he has lil wayne, rihanna and pink (Y). Lil wayne can be unreal when he wants to be the the majority of his stuff doesn't make any sense. He doesn't sound nearly as angry or raw or emotionally into the songs like he was in the first two (i guess that's what happens when you're rich as **** and you're only problem is the expensive drug habit you picked up...) At least it's better then relaspe i guess.

also, i think drake sucks. he's cheap canadian version of lil wayne.

I miss rap in the old days. Biggy and Pac should be happy their are dead so they don't have to hear this crap.

I havent gotten around to listening to this yet. But I was beyond let down with Relapse.

I didn't dig it as much as MM album. I take that back.. I didn't dig it at all. He just doesn't sound in sync with his tracks. He damn near sounds like some arab rapping on most tracks. Where as in MM he had incredible word play dictated by the actual tracks, such as The Way I Am and Stan. The only track in Relapse that even remotely came close the that level was Beautiful. He always comes off as very personal in all his tracks. The Relapse album lacked this.

I'll give Recovery a listen tonight. But if it's anything like his last album, it's surely going to be a waste of time. Another thing that's a big part of Eminem is Dr Dre. Dre is the best Producer in the game. Has been throughout his whole career. All his work is timeless. They complimented each other so well. Really were the Batman & Robin lol. I noticed Dre only produced 1 track on this album. That's going to hurt.

We'll see...

I thought the album was crap, but I'm not a huge Eminem fan. I only liked The Slim Shady LP and parts of The Marshall Mathers LP. Real rap to me is Biggie & Tupac. I can bump their tracks every day, not this White Trash Party garbage.

?but in my opinion those people do not know what Punchlines, Metaphors and such are and do not appreciate what makes a great album.

Discuss!

Yeah, you are the only one in the entire world, buddy,

why isn't ANYONE from d12 featured on the album?

because he's not attempting to recreate his old albums, he's trying to be better. i don't think its better than the MMLP, but as i stated his greatest since. I think its better than the Eminem Show.

Yeah, you are the only one in the entire world, buddy,

I doubt that very much.

Spacebound, my personal favourite on Recovery.

I Love Your Lies with Rihanna is wicked as well, can't wait for some proper remixes coming out for this one! yes.gif

I'm loving "Won't back down", such a great track :yes:

Really the first time I have heard a classic rock song flipped like that, pretty interesting. It is the Allman Brothers "

" I believe... I really have to thank my parents for raising me on great music that is how I know that.

Overall though I don't know myself, he just seems to be screaming about how crazy and different he is more often than not.

I think this sums up Em's, and most every other famous rappers career...

For their first album, possibly even the second, they had their entire life of struggle to feed their creativity. As soon as they "make it" and become millionaires, although money does not solve everything, we all know that, but it does change everything, so I think they just lose the edge that got them there to begin with. My personal opinion, but almost all music, not just Hip Hop, but most music, the first album is the best. The artist has had their entire life to get that that point, so that is a whole lot of creativity and fire pent up. Sure, there are some absolute exceptions, but that's what makes those groups genius.

Check out Diabolic if you guys are interested in a white boy doing real Hip Hop.

I've listened to the album a few times now, and although it's not on par with his new stuff, its still a pretty good album, definitely better than Relapse.

Obtained it last night, gonna give it a listen.

I really hope it's good; I like rap as a genre, but the latest songs to come out and hit the radio have really been ****ty lately. Not just rap, but everything.

I obtained it today. It feels almost too "popish" in places, especially with the guests in the album. Maybe after a few more listens it will sink in like Relapse and Refill did.

Favorite track for me is "You're never Over". A really nice tribute to his late best friend Proof. Love the lyrics and Em's flow, a huge improvement over the last 2 albums. Only track I cannot listen to the white trash party, really think its a dumb track and could have done without it. I like how Em even puts down the last two albums in Talkin to Myself-

"Hit my bottom so hard I bounce twice suffice this time around

It’s different them last two albums didn’t count

Encore I was on drugs, Relapse I was flushing em out

I’ve come up to make it up to you no more ****ing around

I’ve got something to prove to fans I feel like I let em down

So please accept my apology I finally feel like I’m back to normal"

I obtained it today. It feels almost too "popish" in places, especially with the guests in the album. Maybe after a few more listens it will sink in like Relapse and Refill did.

in my opinion, compared to Drake's effort it is a classic.

I love this album.. absolutely love it, sure it's a bit more popish than some of his other stuff, but it's a totally different direction for him and IMO he pulled it off.

Standouts for me are Space Bound, Untitled and Almost Famous. Untitled and Almost famous are absolutely brilliant from top to bottom, sound, lyrics, agressiveness.. just perfect songs imo.

In Almost Famous, these lyrics are standouts to me, very clever.

Pulling out all stops, any who touch a mic prior

Is not even Austin Powers, how the **** are they Mike Myers

And tell that psycho to pass the torch to the whacko 'for

I take a **** in his jackolantern then smash it on his porch

Now get off my dick, dick's too short of a word for my dick

Get off my antidisestablishmentarianism you prick!

His metaphors and similies ain't similar to them not at all

If they don't like they can all get ****ed, instead of sucking him off

They can go get a belt or a neck tie, to hang themselves by

Like David Carradine, they can go **** themselves and just die.

I love this album.. absolutely love it, sure it's a bit more popish than some of his other stuff, but it's a totally different direction for him and IMO he pulled it off.

Standouts for me are Space Bound, Untitled and Almost Famous. Untitled and Almost famous are absolutely brilliant from top to bottom, sound, lyrics, agressiveness.. just perfect songs imo.

In Almost Famous, these lyrics are standouts to me, very clever.

+1 sir. finally someone who sees it for what it is, its a new direction and one he mastered very well.