Eminem Recovery

Just got done listening to this and I really didn't have to go deep into it to notice he desperately needs Dre's touch. Lyrically, this is probably as close to the old Em as anyones heard him since. Again, this won't blow up on lyrics and scandal alone. The man needs beats bad here. There's no 'dance' feel. This is the type of album only a drunk could bob his head to.

No Dre, no sale. The whole album should've had that 'Bop' feel that the So Bad track has. *only Dre produced track

I'm with schiz-o-phren-ic, Dr Dre's touch is sorely missed on this cd. So Bad, kills it, and leaves the rest of the cd for dead, well maybe Cinderella Man and You're Never Over, have a little pulse, eh, toss in Going Through Changes and you've got a good ep or a couple of cd singles. I can listen to the cd in it's entirety, but all the songs have the same kinda feel - an angry white guy shouting - over mediocre beats and mainstream hooks ( I guess Pink and Rihanna are better than Dido? ). I am however glad the accents have gone by the way side, hopefully they stay there.

Better than last two, his flow is back, but overall I think he can do better. Some shoddy beats here and there. The song with Lil Wayne is weird, Lil Wayne's part was (expectedly) horrible, especially the first few verses, but Eminem kills on it. However you look at it, it's a return to form. And that's more than I expected.

I really like this album the stand out tracks for me are:

Space Bound

25 To Life

Cinderella Man

Love The Way You Lie

Talkin' 2 Myself

Untitled

Although it's not back to the greatness of the Marshall Mathers LP it is still a good album in it's own right, some really good songs and a few duffers like Seduction, Won't Back Down and Almost Famous. I'm still listening to some of the tracks from Relapse which I enjoyed as well, I don't think it's as bad an album as some make out.

i've gone through it about three-four times and anyone who compares this to marshal mathers LP or slim shady is retarded. This album sounds like all the other crap on the radio. lyrically it's pretty good, but beatwise, flow wise.. generic radio garbage. I honestly listened to it fully three times and then listened to the marshal mathers LP right after and it wasn't even close. If Eminem is trying to go back to the days of marshal mathers LP why isn't ANYONE from d12 featured on the album? Where are all the detroit guys? Instead he has lil wayne, rihanna and pink (Y). Lil wayne can be unreal when he wants to be the the majority of his stuff doesn't make any sense. He doesn't sound nearly as angry or raw or emotionally into the songs like he was in the first two (i guess that's what happens when you're rich as **** and you're only problem is the expensive drug habit you picked up...) At least it's better then relaspe i guess.

also, i think drake sucks. he's cheap canadian version of lil wayne.

I miss rap in the old days. Biggy and Pac should be happy their are dead so they don't have to hear this crap.

I agree I do miss rap in the old days sometimes, but I also don't want to hear about "got money got money got money" "N**ga this N**ga that" punchlines or "Bitches be on my d*ck" constant lines throughout albums and sometimes if you go back and listen to some older songs that's a lot of what they talk about. The only one I can go back and listen to from the past is older Eminem stuff, Dre, or Pac. I guess you have a few songs here and there that are good from other artists like Snoop, Warren G, and Ice Cube.

I don't mind Drake, in fact I bought his cd. Everyone has their own opinion though and I think he's different that's all. I couldn't compare "Recovery" with Em's first 2 cd's and I don't think he would either, not because it is "not as good" but because it was a completely different style on both cd's and "Recovery" is a completely different project all together. All in all I give the cd 4 out of 5 stars. I'm a big Eminem fan and I thought this cd was all in all good quality. I liked it better than Relapse and it was worth the buy to me.

On another note, I like Lil Wayne and think he adds creativity to the rap game. The last hip hop album I actually liked a lot before Em's newest and have actually listened to was T.I.'s "Paper Trail", then I actually liked Jay Z's "Blueprint 3". IMO, (Unless there is an album someone suggests I listen to that I haven't yet), those were the only 2 albums that could compare lyrically with Eminem when it comes to "best rap albums". Otherwise, I don't think anyone else is on Em's level, even on his weaker albums.

I really like this album the stand out tracks for me are:

Space Bound

25 To Life

Cinderella Man

Love The Way You Lie

Talkin' 2 Myself

Untitled

Although it's not back to the greatness of the Marshall Mathers LP it is still a good album in it's own right, some really good songs and a few duffers like Seduction, Won't Back Down and Almost Famous. I'm still listening to some of the tracks from Relapse which I enjoyed as well, I don't think it's as bad an album as some make out.

ARE YOU CRAZY!!! Almost famous is the greatest track on the album imo.

Really the first time I have heard a classic rock song flipped like that, pretty interesting. It is the Allman Brothers "

" I believe... I really have to thank my parents for raising me on great music that is how I know that.

Overall though I don't know myself, he just seems to be screaming about how crazy and different he is more often than not.

I think this sums up Em's, and most every other famous rappers career...

For their first album, possibly even the second, they had their entire life of struggle to feed their creativity. As soon as they "make it" and become millionaires, although money does not solve everything, we all know that, but it does change everything, so I think they just lose the edge that got them there to begin with. My personal opinion, but almost all music, not just Hip Hop, but most music, the first album is the best. The artist has had their entire life to get that that point, so that is a whole lot of creativity and fire pent up. Sure, there are some absolute exceptions, but that's what makes those groups genius.

Check out Diabolic if you guys are interested in a white boy doing real Hip Hop.

Spot on view of Em's career, He no longer much reason to stay angry, and is running out of material so to speak. Which is why i listen to Northern CA rap from back in the Day, C-BO's album have only gotten better over the years, E-40's stood strong, and B-Legit is well, a savage on the mic.

I have quite enjoyed the album, I wish I could find more rappers who had a sense of musical flow with lyrics that are as well written (and easy to understand!) as Eminem's, that sound as good. :(

I really like this album if i am honest - i went off Eminem after Marshal Mathers EP but this is really really good :) The track with Rhianna is my fav by far.

I really like this album if i am honest - i went off Eminem after Marshall Mathers EP but this is really really good :) The track with Beyonce is my fav by far.

don't you mean the Marshal Mathers LP? And the song with Rihanna, not beyonce?

• 6 months later...

Just got this album. I know a little late. But its all new to me because most of it never hit the radios. I personally like talking 2 myself the most. Followed by Cinderella Man. I felt like So Bad was great but it definitely had an old school sound. You could feel Dre in that song.

Recovery in my opinion is only 5% of what Em is capable of and it saddens me that he just is a shell of his former self. Give it up Em your golden days are gone and done.