VLC Media Player v1.1.0 (Final) Has Been Released

It looks like hardware decoding should be enabled with VLC 1.2 in the near future.

Indeed. If you want to try it out beforehand go to;

Settings - Inputs & Codecs - check 'Use GPU acceleration'. As the tag notes however it's still at an experimental stage.

Meh the gpu acceleration doesnt work at all on my ati card (video plays at like 1 fps). The changelog gives some bs about ati needing to "fix their drivers" but MPC-HC has had dxva working on them for ages and and wmp has it too.

I'll be sticking with MPC-HC.

So really, there's no hardware acceleration at all by default whatsoever in this release then? Unless the tickbox in Inputs and Codecs is checked?

So really, there's no hardware acceleration at all by default whatsoever in this release then? Unless the tickbox in Inputs and Codecs is checked?

Correct

Indeed. If you want to try it out beforehand go to;

Settings - Inputs & Codecs - check 'Use GPU acceleration'. As the tag notes however it's still at an experimental stage.

Whoops I mispoke. I meant for OS X only which does not have hardware acceleration at all until 1.2.

horrible release. keeps freezing up firefox and will not play any videos within the browser. i uninstalled and reverted to the last release. any fix for this or how would i report this issue?