Well I guess it is a case of horses for courses then. I got a PS3 and GT5 for Christmas and I am loving it.

I do have a question about the Skid Recovery Force. Currently working my way through the Pro Series. Some cars I drive much better with it off (Ford GT) as you can correct for the back end sliding with a bit of power and reverse lock. However other cars (XANAVI NISMO GT-R) I just can't keep control of the back end. I've tried handling it with throttle control but the slightest twitch and it goes. I can't recover from anything.

Anyone got any tips? Mulling it over on the way in I was wondering if putting the TCS up (I'm not sure what it is on at the moment) and SRF off would help or am I just trading one crutch for another?

SRF is good for beginers as it will actively correct your skid after the event. So if you get into trouble, and find yourself on the grass it will help get you back on track. Traction Control should help you not get into trouble in the first place by preventing the wheels from spinning, and therefore getting into a slide.Personally, I find SRF a little unrealistic and turn it off. I usually have TCS off too, but I turn it up a little with high-powered cars in the wet, for example.

You mention the GT-R. I think the JGT GT-R's are brilliant, but I never put a high RPM turbo in them as they become difficult to control. These turbos deliver massive boost at high RPM, and will often catch me out as I power out of a bend, for example. Stick with the standard turbo, IMO, and they become much more controlable.

If you're really struggling with particular cars, there are several things you can do. First, try changing the tyres, if the race regulations allow. Racing Softs will make any car stick like glue, but again, sometimes it can feel like cheating a bit. You won't necessarily put RS tyres on a family hatchback, but Sports tyres are more likely (and often give a better "feel").

Then there's the whole tuning thing, which is far too detailed to go into here. Adjusting the LSD can help you "dial-out" wheel spin, and changing the suspension settings can help keep the wheels connected to the road if it gets bumpy. Altering the ride height can shift the center of gravity around, and adding balast can help with that too. I would strongly suggest looking through some of the tunes and guides at gtplanet.net. There's a wealth of information there and you'll probably find several tunes for your favourite cars already.

New tracks and cars!

iv'e analyzed this video and from what i can tell is that is only one track, it is being shown from different parts of the track and at different times of the day. This track was also shown very briefly in the Spec 2.0 video although incomplete with the X2011 and 2 BMW's, this time the track has been more completed in resources and lighting.

Notice the distance numbers on the track

148886028.png798828498.png

and the background of the the sign over the track

331445422.png144592397.png

this will be the return of the test track but in a different layout, if they decide to release it at all.

Tidbits of update 2.03

New DLCs: Speed Test Pack, Car Pack 3

Special Stage Route X Oval

Nissan ? Leaf G 2011

Aston Martin ? V12 Vantage 2010

Volkswagen ? Volkswagen 1200 1966

Jaguar ? XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988

Lamborghini ? Aventador LP700-4 2011

Mini ? Mini Cooper S Country man (R60) 2011

picture.php?albumid=3518&pictureid=39466

picture.php?albumid=3518&pictureid=39467

picture.php?albumid=3518&pictureid=39469

picture.php?albumid=3518&pictureid=39468

http://www.gtplanet.net/lamborghini-aventador-route-x-circuit-more-in-leaked-gt5-2-03-details/

SRF is good for beginers as it will actively correct your skid after the event. So if you get into trouble, and find yourself on the grass it will help get you back on track. Traction Control should help you not get into trouble in the first place by preventing the wheels from spinning, and therefore getting into a slide.Personally, I find SRF a little unrealistic and turn it off. I usually have TCS off too, but I turn it up a little with high-powered cars in the wet, for example.

See now that is what I thought SRF did. I did some experimenting last night and what I find it is doing for me is helping on the exit of a corner and stopping the back end getting out of control. I just don't seem to be able to control it otherwise. I either have to be so low on the power that I am crawling out of the corner or the back wheels are going wild. I just can't seem to find a balance. I am reasonably sure that I am entering the corner well and taking a good line but I just can't get the exit right.

You mention the GT-R. I think the JGT GT-R's are brilliant, but I never put a high RPM turbo in them as they become difficult to control. These turbos deliver massive boost at high RPM, and will often catch me out as I power out of a bend, for example. Stick with the standard turbo, IMO, and they become much more controlable.

It is unchanged from how you get it straight out of the garage. I got it for wining one of the Seasonal Challenges. I think it was the Stars and Stripes one. I did that in my Ford GT and without SRF. Thinking I was doing well. This racing GT-R seems to be past the limit of my current abilities.

If you're really struggling with particular cars, there are several things you can do. First, try changing the tyres, if the race regulations allow. Racing Softs will make any car stick like glue, but again, sometimes it can feel like cheating a bit. You won't necessarily put RS tyres on a family hatchback, but Sports tyres are more likely (and often give a better "feel").

Then there's the whole tuning thing, which is far too detailed to go into here. Adjusting the LSD can help you "dial-out" wheel spin, and changing the suspension settings can help keep the wheels connected to the road if it gets bumpy. Altering the ride height can shift the center of gravity around, and adding balast can help with that too. I would strongly suggest looking through some of the tunes and guides at gtplanet.net. There's a wealth of information there and you'll probably find several tunes for your favourite cars already.

The car I am struggling with comes with RM and that is the best you can put on it. After playing around with the settings last night I think it is more to do with me hitting some kind of ability wall. All the changes made little difference to the problem (although I was just faffing around with settings I'll consult gtplanet tonight) . I suspect that it is probably more to do with my abilities than anything else but I am going to try and get my hands on some more high HP low weight RWD cars to see.

Just a bit frustrating that I know I am going into the corner well, just can't seem to get out of them again.

Thanks for the advice. Even if I have hit my limit for now there are still enough other things to be getting on with in game!

Tidbits of update 2.03

New DLCs: Speed Test Pack, Car Pack 3

Special Stage Route X Oval

Nissan ? Leaf G 2011

Aston Martin ? V12 Vantage 2010

Volkswagen ? Volkswagen 1200 1966

Jaguar ? XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988

Lamborghini ? Aventador LP700-4 2011

Mini ? Mini Cooper S Country man (R60) 2011

picture.php?albumid=3518&pictureid=39466

picture.php?albumid=3518&pictureid=39467

picture.php?albumid=3518&pictureid=39469

picture.php?albumid=3518&pictureid=39468

http://www.gtplanet....5-2-03-details/

HqnBt.jpg

- Special Stage Route X Oval

- New themes for My Home in GT Mode.

- An option for tire wearing in Pit Strategy (B-spec).

- Simulates regenerative braking on electric cars.

- Chaparral 2J Race Car ?70: Fan down force option.

- Fixed unintended pit stop error in the final lap of a B-spec race.

- Nissan Leaf G 2011

- Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010

- Volkswagen Volkswagen 1200 1966

- Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988

- Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 2011

- Mini Mini Cooper S Countryman (R60) 2011

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/news/latestNewsDetail/255920

i'm totally back into this game...play it every other day now :) honestly one of the most used ps3 game i own

will def buy the new track maybeee the new cars too. would never do that for any other ps3 game

Picked up all the DLC so far and will be getting this one too. Great game that has recently got me playing again due to wheel and 3D tv. Really a great gaming experience rather than a dull drive about with the dualshock controller.

^ Yeah, I was going to ask you about this. How have you found the transition from DS3 to wheel? I simply cannot play it with a controller; it just feels so.... remote. It's a much more immersive experience using a wheel, I find. Many have said that going from controller to wheel has meant learning the whole game again. Have you found this too?

^ Yeah, I was going to ask you about this. How have you found the transition from DS3 to wheel? I simply cannot play it with a controller; it just feels so.... remote. It's a much more immersive experience using a wheel, I find. Many have said that going from controller to wheel has meant learning the whole game again. Have you found this too?

Definitely it's certainly been a whole new learning curve, with the controller you just slap the left stick left or right and that's pretty much it. With the wheel there is a lot more involved in the steering, the same applies to throttle control and braking, normally it's up OR down on the right stick, sometimes a little less up when coming out of corners, with the pedals it's a lot more precise.

Definitely it's certainly been a whole new learning curve, with the controller you just slap the left stick left or right and that's pretty much it. With the wheel there is a lot more involved in the steering, the same applies to throttle control and braking, normally it's up OR down on the right stick, sometimes a little less up when coming out of corners, with the pedals it's a lot more precise.

The controller is like riding a trycycle... the wheel is like riding a ATV. There is just a whole other level of control to adjust to. But it does make the game so much more intense and enjoyable.

I have a friend who always wants to play 2 player. I just can't do it. I can't go to using a controller for this game. Not with how many hours I've put behind the wheel. It's just blasphemy to me.

The new track is 30km!

Nice, I really have fallen in love with this game all over again. The only thing that I worry about is doing the endurance races. The fact that once you start one that's it, so like the 24hr race, I don't want to get 8 hours in and someone sets up a weekend race to enter. Would be a nightmare having to keep on doing it all again. Would be nice if you could just step out of that race and go back in at a later date.

Wow, that's 299.69MPH. I wonder if it'll be possible to just break the 300MPH barrier. I'll find out for myself when the DLC gets released! :D

ive been trying to do the drift trial number 27. and have seen the best car that gets most points is one only named as "special" what car is this

and how do i get it?

ive been trying to do the drift trial number 27. and have seen the best car that gets most points is one only named as "special" what car is this

and how do i get it?

Hmm, no idea what that could be, but I managed to get gold on both of them with the Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car. Strangely had to buy dirt tires for it though, they didn't come with it. :p

The time trials are much harder. I managed to get gold on the dry one last night using a McLaren F1 (with the power limiter turned down to get it in the 493BHP limit), but the wet one is ridiculously difficult. Tried doing it with a Chaparral 2J, a Nissan Nismo Z touring car, and a Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak, and I can't even complete a full legal lap with them. :p Gonna try again later on today; I'll hopefully find something that'll work for me.

Not impressed at all with that track. Spa is great, but not liking that one.

I'm hoping that we have just seen part of the track, i.e. the oval section and that there is more on the in-field. Admittedly it actually adds function to the game with the speed tests, but yeah I'm hoping for more than just an oval track as the next new one.

and how do i get it?

It's the Buick Special. You win it in A-Spec Amateur - Classic Muscle Car Championship.

The time trials are much harder. I managed to get gold on the dry one last night using a McLaren F1 (with the power limiter turned down to get it in the 493BHP limit), but the wet one is ridiculously difficult. Tried doing it with a Chaparral 2J, a Nissan Nismo Z touring car, and a Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak, and I can't even complete a full legal lap with them. :p Gonna try again later on today; I'll hopefully find something that'll work for me.

I had good fun in the dry using my BMW M3. The wet race is very hard but the 2J is definetly the car to do it in. Just like Schumaker and Button :p, look for the extra grip off the racing line, and be smooth and gentle with the throttle and brakes. The track isn't 100% wet untill midway through the 2nd lap, so if you haven't got gold on the first, restart. I got a 2:34.6 after about an hour of trying. (Y)

Nearly bought every car in the new dealership now. Just got these left...

• Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67 (20,000,000)
  • Ford Mark IV Race Car '67 (20,000,000)
  • Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 (15,000,000)
  • Red Bull X2010 (20,000,000)

So, 75,000,000 needed in total. Good thing the Le Mans B-Spec seasonal event is still ongoing then. Just won it three times earlier. The best car by far to use is the Audi R8 Race Car '01 (not the '05 one with the PlayStation decals). I always win by at least 6 seconds, and each race takes just over 40 minutes, so provided you're on the 200% bonus, 6,000,000CR / 40 minutes = 150,000CR per minute. :) Plus it's dealing out good amounts of experience to my B-Spec drivers. I'll have a second level 40 driver by tomorrow (and probably three or four by the end of the week).

Yeah, at some point the Audi came up in the UCD, but I didn't buy it and bought the Pescarolo instead. It is faster over individual laps, but not as easy on tires as the Audi. I used it in the enduros, but the Audis were always a problem, being able to go at least a lap or two longer, and I wished I'd bought that instead. Called for some interesting tactics, though, which added some extra excitment to what could be an otherwise boring event.

By the time the Audi came up again I'd already done the races. I'd gotten quite fond of the Pescarolo, but there is no doubt that the Audi is the better car. These days my Pescarolo is collecting dust and the Audi is my first choice in LMP races.

It's the Buick Special. You win it in A-Spec Amateur - Classic Muscle Car Championship.

thanks for the tip, thats one race and the PD F1 / the last 2 of the endurence races are just left to do.

so il give it a go tonight. also what about the tvr cerbera speed 12?