[WC2010] Match 37 - Slovenia vs. England

WHo will win game 37?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Slovenia, England or Draw?

2. 2. How many goals will Slovenia score?

3. 3. How many goals will England score?

The game will be played in Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, Port Elizabeth on the 23rd of June 2010 @ 16:00 (local time)

Referee: Wolfgang Stark (Germany)

This will be a close match, I think this might be a 2-2 draw.

Feel free to discuss!

Being from the U.S., I hope it's a low scoring affair. If the U.S. ties and England ties, England needs to score at least two more goals than the U.S. to move on.

No offense meant toward the Brits. I'd just like to see them move on and hopefully grow the fan base here in the U.S.

I think it will be our toughest opponent, I think Slovenia will score first and England to scramble a 2-1 win.

Our team needs a kick up the arse, and I think the only way that will happen is with Slovenia scoring first. If we can't win in that case then we have no business being there anyway.

Italy (current champions) is in the same boat as us, France are out.. To say England are the worst (of the better) teams in this tournament is completely false, but they should be doing better.

Heres what a friend of mine thinks, I sort of agree with him!

1-0 win, drab game, England go through but everyone is still bloody miserable about it.

Next game, surprisingly comfortable win, 2-0 or 3-0, Rooney scores a cracker, just enough to get everyone revved up again and the papers bigging us up to win the cup.

Then a torrid QF in which we go out on penalties thanks to a miss by Defoe

PS: I got 10 euros on England to progress btw ;)

I think the england camp has had a wake up call, and I am saying 3-0 to England...but it will probably be a draw.

If we pass the ball well and get down the wings a bit then we can really do some damage. England have had a problem where the right midfielder can never get a decent cross in (im talking about walcott and SWP) if we sort that out then you never know, really want to see Joe Cole play though. Oh and a killer performance from Rooney for once.

England to play utter poo and win 1-0.?

I have to agree we are going to play ###### but still scrape it but Slovenia will be way up for it!

German ref eh...thats us screwed :p

Would a German referee ever be unfair towards the English team? Come on... ;)

Game underway.

Would a German referee ever be unfair towards the English team? Come on... ;)

Game underway.

well you cheering on Slovenia says it all really :p :rofl: